You know you're getting older when...

witzend

You know you're getting older when that lone eyebrow hair that you have been trying to pluck for months, but only grabbing skin with the tweezers, upon further investigation in the super duper magnifying mirror because you can't see up close anymore turns out to be a wrinkle.

:tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
(SLAP HEAD)

THAT's why I have to paint my eyebrows on........;)

(Sung to the tune of I'm forever blowing bubbles)

I'm forever plucking wrinkles
Wrinkles that I think are hair.......

lalalalalal lalalah alalalalaha lllahahaha

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "hair raiser"

donna723

:smug: I know EXACTLY what you mean! I have a terrible time doing my eyebrows! And they're black, so if there's a lot of "strays", it looks awful! I put my makeup on in the house in the morning and everything looks fairly OK (or as good as it's gonna get, anyway) including my eyebrows. Then, later on, if I happen to catch a glimpse of myself in a better light ... :surprise:!!!

Here's what I do ... I take my tweezers along with me in my makeup bag. At work, we have to drive about a mile down the road to smoke and we all pull off on this little side road. If nobody else is there, I whip out my tweezers, slide my glasses down my nose, and get all the stray eyebrows that I missed before. You can see them soooo much better in the bright natural daylight! That's my confession for the day!

I'm also getting to the stage where I can't see to put my makeup on properly without my glasses but I can't put the makeup on while wearing the glasses! And I no longer find it quite so amusing to see those old ladies with their lipstick on crooked and one eyebrow an inch higher than the other! I'm getting closer all the time!

:rofl:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Donna!

I'm also getting to the stage where I can't see to put my makeup on properly without my glasses but I can't put the makeup on while wearing the glasses!

They don't show the one I have and LOVE. It's 10X on one end and 5X on the other end. It cost about $25 and I bought 2 so I could have one at home and I leave 1 in a suitcase that I take when I travel.

It became a necessity when I developed the glasses quandary that you are experiencing. :9-07tears:

Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
Now I can blush.

I LEARNED to put makeup on with this vision problem - the glasses thing.

It took a number of years for me to figure the whole eyeshadow thing out. I figure by the time I am old enough that the rest of you are developing this problem I will be using braille to put makeup on. (But if I can't see it, I don't CARE if it is on lopsided!)

KTMom91

What about the one dark hair that is under your chin? I know it's there, but once I get the tweezers out, I can't find it to save my life.

Really vacuums.

Lothlorien

Don't have chin hairs and coming from an Italian family with a lot of facial hair, I got very lucky! We are talking full beards, ladies!

I do get the occasional eyebrow that suddenly is VERY long and the end is almost blonde???? Maybe gray, but it looks blonde while the rest of my eyebrows are very dark.