You might have a difficult child if....

flutterby

Fly away!
We've done this in the past and it's been hysterical. We have so many new members, I thought we might do it again.

You might have a difficult child if....

Your difficult child has to clean her room for a Halloween Party. She's had 2 weeks to do it. The night before the party, she calls you into her room beaming with pride. You find her daybed covered from headboard to footboard, side to side, 3 feet high....but everything is "picked up" (off the floor) which is what you told her to do. :hammer: And there are no worries about where she's going to sleep, because she still sleeps with you!

H

HaoZi

You warn the police officer that responded to your kid's incident to see his doctor, as the last two responding officers have had emergency bypass surgery since meeting her on the job.

Jody

Your difficult child tells you that she had a bunch of police officers come to her school to do a wand check for drugs and she said they all had good memories becasue they remember her by her first name. OMG. Really.

InsaneCdn

You hide chocolate in the strangest places...
1) so your difficult child doesn't find it and go off on a major sugar high... and
2) so YOU can have some when your stress level goes through the roof.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
1. When your son is about to turn 25, graduated hs 7 yrs ago, and you still have every IEP he ever had.

2. When you don't keep cash in your purse

3. When you take/pick up your grandchild from school and school staff still keep their distance even though your youngest child graduated 4 yrs ago.

I used to do the chocolate..........not needed so much these days. Travis buys his own and stress levels are down. lol

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
If you own one than more police scanner - one on the bedside table and one in the car

The whump,whump,whump sound of a helicopter throws you into a panic attack (and when they are older, and somewhere in the neighborhood, hears it and calls you to let you know it isn't for him)

You know by the way your difficult child says "Mom" what the problem probably is

difficult child and a friend go to apply for drivers permit, one putting down his name down as Cheech Mac...., the other Chong

It does no good to hide your chocolate stash in your underwear drawer - nothing is sacred if difficult child has the munchies (as a former difficult child, that would definately be giving me an "ewww" moment

You learn if you see a brownie in your refridgerator, NOT to sneak a bite

You actually want to fork over money for a professional tatto artist vrs one of difficult child's stoner friends

Marcie

H

HaoZi

When very little on any thread like this surprises you anymore. You just nod and smile, and sometimes laugh.

flutterby

Fly away!
When you don't answer the phone when the school calls.

When you not only give your child the number to children's services, but make her write it down...and secretly hope that she'll call them. And that they'll believe her.

When you have to go look for your car.

shellyd67

LMBO ...:rofl: When you say it's black and they say it's white... everyday, all day for everything ...

And let me add, when difficult child does have a good day , it is a great day for us ! A million bucks couldn't compare ...

KTMom91

...you're thrilled that the day has passed without tears, vomit, raised voices, or bloodshed...for any and all family members.

donna723

... you've been out looking for your kid all night long because she didn't come home that night. Then you suddenly find her in her room and she's trying to convince you she's been there all night! And strangely, the window is wide open and the curtains are pushed back! And you're a wicked, mean mother because you doubt this story!

... when you and the mother of her best friend are dancing around the lobby of the high school gym and high-fiving each other because they both managed to graduate!

flutterby

Fly away!
When you have a "how many days until..." calculator saved in your bookmarks, so on any given day you can find how many days until she is 18...

H

HaoZi

When you just have to ask "Can you give me the link to that calculator, please?"

flutterby

Fly away!
When after fighting for over an hour to get your difficult child into the shower, you have to smell her hair after she's done to make sure she just didn't get it wet. And every time, without fail, you send her back to the shower to wash her hair.

DammitJanet

Marcie...I can never, ever think of Danny without remembering that incident but now that brownie is going to go right up there with it! LMAO

My kids never got chocolate out of my underwear drawers but...you know you have a difficult child if every battery operated object in the house, including those in MY underwear drawer have the backs removed and batteries gone, JUST when I needed them most!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When you see a post by a friend on facebook, see their difficult child's slightly rude response, and seriously consider locking your child and theirs in a room together.

When you had hoped your kid could spend the weekend with a friend, so you and your husband could go to an overnight fundraising event, and she gets arrested a week beforehand, so you have to find someone to babysit her.

When your kid knows lying isn't going to work when you ask about cleaning their bedroom, so they try "I don't know" and "let me see", and you ask for a direct answer and won't let them pass...