You should have seen husband's face...

I am a big girl. Very big. I can only shop at Lane Bryant, and I cannot wear underwires. I'm not giving my size, but trust me, there is nothing even remotely attrative about it. Like Heather, I buy once a year or so.

I HATE shopping. Bras, shoes, clothes, I hate it. I have to buy shoes in the boys dept (to get them wide enough to fit my fred flinstone feet) and dressing rooms annoy me.

I'll shop for my kids all day though :wink:

Sara PA

One Christmastime long, long ago I worked in department store where I was assigned to the lingerie sections. A man came in and was looking at the various items.....just looking. Finally he looked up at me, pointed to some panties and said "Am I allowed to touch these?"

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This thread is killing me! You guys crack me up. :bravo:

I'm sure kt, at 13, wouldn't find all of these anecdotes half as amusing. husband was smirking behind that beard of his & there were at least a half dozen customers getting a kick out of this. If I hadn't been the target of her intimate apparel rant I'd have been cracking up too. :wink:

Thanks for sharing this with me - really brightened my day. :smile:

susiestar

Roll With It
This thread is a riot! I am sure it is funnier to be outside the fitting room than inside it. My daughter developed very early and bra shopping with her is not exactly fun. She thinks VS is disgusting, HATES the commercials.

I actually just buy bras at WalMart for her. My mom is the one who takes her to do the bra shopping (and the swimsuit shopping). I have little patience with Jbirds attitudes about trying things on, etc... I guess my mom is ok with it because NO ONE could be as picky, finicky, and impossible during bra shopping as I was.

Now, of course, I am easy. I just don't wear bras. Seriously. They feel like they are strangling me, and I have been to professional bra fitters many times. I do have ONE bra that I will wear when we go to functions with husband's work. It is a BRA-LLELUJAH, made by the people who make Spanx. I just love this one. Can't wear it much or I get major back spasms and migraine. It is U-G-L-Y but comfy and makes clothes look great. IT is made out of the stuff pantyhose are made of. Wierd, but comfy.

Susie

witzend

I used to buy my bras at VS, but they are way too expensive. L was a big fan of theirs as well, when she wasn't spending her own money. Then we both seperately and by chance went into JC Penney, and they have the best bras that are just like what they carry at VS, but for about half the price. The brand is Ambrielle, and they have a very large selection of styles. They run about $15 +, but you can get them on sale for BOGO, or BOGO 1/2 off.

I'll never go to VS for a bra again.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This thread is a riot! I am sure it is funnier to be outside the fitting room than inside it.

Conversation between easy child and I while she was in the dressing room trying on bras one day at Filenes:

easy child: Mom, can we stop at the drug store on the way home?

Me: Sure, why?

easy child: I need to get some calamine lotion for these mosquito bites on my chest!

Budumbump, tsh!

Bwaaahaaahaaaaa....The dressing room attendant was having a hard time keeping a straight face! easy child has always been very envious of difficult child's buxom bust. lol