You snooze...you lose. Sigh! Anybody watch the Bachelorette last night?

DDD

I dozed off near the end and when I woke up Emily was telling some guy to "get to xx out of here".
Hmmmmmm. What did I miss? Was it the Dude who is dreaming of becoming The Bachelor? DDD

Nancy

LOL 3D, that was the preview for next week. She found out someone called her daughter baggage and that was her comeback to him. I don't know who it was since they didn't show his face so I'm anxious to hear everyone's guess.

My thoughts bout last night:

I liked Doug and thought they looked good together and are very comfortable with each other but I guess it appears there is some tension between him and that other guy so I don't know what that will do to his chances. I loved that he enjoyed shopping with her, a man after my heart.

I love her and Arie and bioy do they have chemistry. Loved how he was running his finers on her leg, so erotic. The way they look at each other gives it away I think. I don't see the sparks between her and Sean, he didn;t look like a very good kisser. But from next weeks previews it looks like they are getting closer.

I'm disappointed she gave Ryan a rose after telling Chris that she was on to him. That to me was done for the drama of tv.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I didn't snooze through the show but I was distracted so didn't pay much attention to it. I think Emily already knows that she can send more than half of the guys home. I expect I'd be impatient at this point if I felt the same. I'm glad she is starting to see through "Slick-Ryan". I hope he's the guy she's cussing at next week. lol

Suz

Tiapet

Old Hand
I had the opposite thoughts about Sean last night. I thought when they were kissing that she and he both seemed to be really into it (not necessarily whether he was good or not- wasn't judging that). I also noticed how her eyes just lit up/sparkled with him. Same thing with Sean. When he spoke during the private interview session about her he lit up and he had this smile on him that was the shy/embarrassed/teen in love type smile that someone gets when they are "so in love/infatuated" with someone.

I'm still on the fence with Ari. I'm not sure if it's imposed feelings from her ex or if it's "real" for him for himself? I hope that it is for him because that would be nice for both of them.

GRRRR! Ryan! He is soooooo full of himself it isn't funny. I can barely stand it anymore but I am so glad that he is letting the cat out of the bag about himself more and more. His comment about what he is thinking about "after this is over and he is not picked" and how he wants to be the "next batchelor"!

I agree about the giving of the rose. I just thought that was wrong wrong wrong! She should have given it to the other one but like was stated, did she give it to him so that there wouldn't be the competition factor? I kind of doubt that.

I do like Doug. I'm not sure who I like the most as of yet. I just know I can not stand Ryan and hope he goes soon!

Can't wait for next week too to see who the jerk was that said the horrible words about daughter being baggage.

Oh, and funny about the dinner on the two on one date. No one ate it. Wasn't a very tasty dinner. I think they, well I hope they learn from that little mistake. I also found it kind of a awkward how they placed the table the way they did. Nothing like being front and center facing "an audience". Any other dinners I don't ever recall them setting a table up like that.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh, and funny about the dinner on the two on one date. No one ate it. Wasn't a very tasty dinner. I think they, well I hope they learn from that little mistake. I also found it kind of a awkward how they placed the table the way they did. Nothing like being front and center facing "an audience". Any other dinners I don't ever recall them setting a table up like that.

Good point, Tia. It was embarrassing to watch so I can only imagine how strained it must have been to be there. I don't think she liked either one. I wonder if she could have sent them both home if she'd wanted?

Sean is my favorite.

Ben was such a lousy kisser that I'll have to check out to see how Sean does. He has to be better than Ben!

Suz

Nancy

I thought the same thing about the dinner and the setup, very strange. I also thought it was creepy to have dinner in a cold cave and when she walked out the loser I wondered if she was going to go all the way back into the cave to get the other one or just call him on a cellphone and tell him to come out.

I'm sure Sean had the twinkle in his eye, I just didn't see it in hers. Their kisses seemed pretty dry to me, in fact it reminded me of Ben. But hey that may be what they want us to think.

Nancy

Tiapet

Old Hand
Interesting fact I read - the wardrobe budget was the biggest they have ever had for anyone - $350,000!!!! $40,000 for just 1 of the dresses she wore (it was a gold/nude tone one with sequins and glitter). Can you imagine???? Think of what she could have done with that money otherwise for her life and Ricky's? OMG! I could not even go there with that thought. Why??????? :( Why must they have such expensive stuff.

Honestly, wouldn't or couldn't she have said I don't need such expensive stuff? I don't know, maybe it wasn't up to her but to be the most expensive budgeted one ever?

Nancy

I don't think she had anything to do with that and even if she did she wore them one time and they are probably going to charity or back to where they came from. I don't see the difference in that and the exotic destinations they take them too. They could have stayed in Charlotte and saved a lot of money. If the show wants to spend that who cares, I won't hold that against her. Why should she be the one to say no, isn't it the show that makes those decisions?

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi everyone. I'm back from our vacation and didn't get to see last night's episode since they don't show it in Mexico. At least I can't make Nancy mad at me. LOL

I do have one interesting bit of information that I saw online. Some online sites are saying that Roberto from Ali's season has been offered the next season of the Bachelor but he hasn't made a final decision about whether to accept.

I think Roberto would be a great choice.

~Kathy

Tiapet

Old Hand
Nancy, I'm not really holding it against her per say. I'm just floored by it over all. The exotic locations have always been an issue whether it was Emily or not (though living through the fantasy is part of a reason to watch). As I stated earlier in season, I just wish they would put a more realistic show on overall and do it for single parents "reality style" the way it would be for them. But, as we know, it might not bring in the numbers they seek (aka drama) to keep the show going.

I do hope they are donating the wardrobe to charity but I don't know that they do. I'll see if I can find something on that. Usually if they do you can read about it or you find stuff about how they put this or that up on Ebay for auctioning for charity.
"

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If Roberto is the next Bachelor, do you think he'd like an older (ancient) woman??? :cutie_pie:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sorry Kathy.......unless something has changed that I don't know about, everyone on this thread either has an SO or a husband.

I, however, do not. :lipstick: hehehe...

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Suz, I could lie. :bigsmile: I wouldn't be the first bachelorette to leave an SO behind. Besides, you have Richard Gere.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
You raise a good point, Kathy. Richard would probably not like his future wife to be fooling around with Roberto, especially in public. sigh.