You'll never guess what I did.....

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, Dec 19, 2008.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

kt & I have been decorating for Christmas ~ the most holiday decorations you've seen in my home in 3 or 4 years. It's looking pretty & festive.

Saying that, as I've not been able to sleep I sat down at my piano over the last few nights & "retaught" myself to play my favorite carol O Holy Night. I'm thrilled that just a few hours ago I made it through the entire piece of music.

I was in tears as I played it once again & it began to sound better & better. Tears of joy for the first time in the longest time.

I think this just may be God's little gift to me & I'll accept it in humbleness & thanks. :christmasgift:

2. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Glad you could find solace in one of my favorites......would love to be able to play the piano, but I'm a one handed picker.....so slow you can't recognize the tune.....waiting for my daughter to come home and play for me.......
    Glad you could find the time to do something that comforts you.......

3. Im a Believer

Im a Believer New Member

Good for you! Merry Christmas!!

4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Linda,
    This just made my day! I'm so happy for you! by the way, that's my favorite Christmas song too!

5. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

It is also my favorite. It restores in me a calm in the hectic life I live. I haven't tried to play in years, maybe I'll try again too.

6. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I just love that song too, especially when Josh Grobin is singing it!

I'm so happy for your tears of joy, it's been a long time coming. Merry Christmas!

7. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

How absolutely wonderful! I was really afraid that all that has happened would drain you from the good things. I'm so glad to hear it's doing the opposite. You're getting the good stuff back! You truly rock in a classic sort of way.

P.S.: I love that carol, too.

8. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Good for you!!! I like to play alone, but get great comfort out of it.

Here's my addition. I'm not an Nsyc (or however you spell it) fan, but they are darn good.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzJqRXLI08"]YouTube - Nsync - Oh Holy Night Acapella[/ame]

Abbey

9. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Linda, that is so wonderful. My favorite carol, too.

10. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Linda, that's great! Such a beautiful song.

11. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

:bigsmile: Joyful tears and a sparkly, festive house... can't think of a better gift to yourself! :christmasgift:

12. Jena

Jena New Member

Linda

You never cease to amaze!!! Good for you, you are so talented also. You soo needed that moment of total joy. :)

13. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

What a lovely post. What a lovely carol!

Music touches me in that way too. I am so glad to hear that you played again.

14. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Ohh, Linda, that's so sweet. I've always wanted to play the piano. I'm sure it sounded beautiful. And what a constructive thing to do when you can't sleep. :)

15. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Oh what a beautiful post to read at the end of my night.
    Each of your posts is sounding better and better. Stronger and stronger!
    Happy Holidays Linda