young author's night

crazymama30

Tonight was young author's night. The kids get to read their stories to the parents and the parents sign a paper giving comments. Really cute and fun. Except for a parent of a difficult child.

It just made me painfully aware of how different difficult child is. He is loud, demanding and now has turned into the class clown to get attention. At one point he was jumping up and down pointing to the floor where he was standing and repeating "people come here, people come here". there were kids from ages 7 to 12 there, and none of them acted anything like him. He just does not get it. He thought he was being funny. I told him it was not funny, it was loud and obnoxious. I told him this as we were leaving and we were outside. The kids are spread out in the "wing" and different classrooms, and I just avoided the classroom difficult child was in, I just could not take seeing it. I already know what is going to happen. He will be out of control.

When difficult child went to put his stories back in his classroom, he spilled his water. He went to walk off, and I told him to wipe it up. He got mad and said something to the effect of mom you embarass me, that is why I don't want you to go on the field trip with me. I am already going, so won't that be fun. Back to the water, he grabbed a piece of paper towel and missed the water, so I sent him back for more paper towels. He said I don't have to wipe it up, that is what janitors are for. I somehow maintained control of myself, and he cleaned up the mess.

We go see therapist (who is also psychiatrist) on Monday of next week, and that is a good thing. At this point I do not know what else to do medication wise. I do not think stims are the answer, and am considering just pulling them entirely, but he is so hyper and impulsive. He cannot handle depakote or lithium, and I am leary about the ap's such as geodon as husband had such a bad reaction to them that it may be permanent. This is so old. I just don't know where to turn next or what to do. I e-mailed psychiatrist about how difficult child had reacted to the increase in stimulant and that I was going back to the lower dose and he agreed with the decision and then said we may have to consider other options. What options I e-mailed back and I have not heard from him. Aaarg.

Steely

I have been there done that too many times to count. I am so sorry.

I may be lost in your story, but is this school the new school? Is it optional? Or required?

Hugs.

crazymama30

difficult child has been at this school since kindgergarten, I think you have us mixed up with someone else. I get kinda scattered when I get upset, and upset isn't even the right word. Sad, worried. That about covers how I feel for difficult child.