"You're a terrible parent," said my 35 year old son.

S

Signorina

Hi mwm- you've gotten good advice here. However, your follow up post gave me pause. He' s irrational 20% of the time? Could he be drunk dialing those times? Just a thought...

And good job setting up and enforcing boundaries!

BusynMember

Hi mwm- you've gotten good advice here. However, your follow up post gave me pause. He' s irrational 20% of the time? Could he be drunk dialing those times? Just a thought...

And good job setting up and enforcing boundaries!

Could be, but he was always this way, even before he drank. He started drinking later in life. I don't see that as the main issue. It's an issue though.

BusynMember

I'd be telling him to man up and get over himself. I'd also be doing a lot of hanging up on him.

I get that he is going through a lot emotionally right now and that can be rough when you feel alone in the world. But that doesn't mean he gets to keep the umbilical cord wrapped around your neck either.

Or you could start charging him therapist rates. LOL That might make him stop and think about how often he "needs" to talk to you.

OK, Hound Dog! I almost spit out my coffee...lolol!

He hasn't called me since the Packers game. That's a LONG TIME. He may not call unless I apologize, which I most certainly will not. I think I'll have a long respite. Honestly, he is more demanding than a toddler, yet when things were going well in his marriage (he thought) and I wanted to know my grandson, he didn't give me the time of day. His father allowed him and his ex to live with him for a few months before they were married, which I thought was nice of my ex. A few times he mouthed off and shoved him and acted like a donkey's behind :p I forgot about all that before he started doing this to me. I was hoping he'd grown up. Apparently not. I have had so little contact with him when all is well in his world that my signature lists him as a easy child. Hahaha!!!!

by the way, his father has given him LOTS of money, but I think the party's over.