recoveringenabler

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I would love to be able to communicate with you more. I appreciate that. May I give you some back story?
    recoveringenabler
    recoveringenabler
    Sure, do it in a private conversation Awakening, it's easier, this profile only allows so many characters.
    And that's why I asked if you "sponsor"...my son will be 28 this month and lives in another state. Since I stopped enabling him our relationship is almost non-existent..so I no longer get asked for anything..he doesn't keep in touch at all and I'm grieving that I guess. thank you for listening
    recoveringenabler
    recoveringenabler
    You're welcome, if you'd like to continue communicating, it would be easier if you private message me here....we're allowed to elaborate more there.....there is a lot of grief with our difficult kids....I understand completely.
    RE, thank you for your kindness. I currently attend Alanon mtgs. I've seen it take multiple years to reach the level of acceptance & detachment that you have with your ad child. When you "unofficially" meet someone who knows the struggle & has gone way beyond it, it gives me hope.
    Your group sounds pretty great. I'm currently attending alanon and although the focus is on me I am looking for someone who has the issues with their adult child but has gotten to the place of acceptance self love and care. Thanks for responding RE.
    Hello RE, thank you for your experience, strength and hope. I too have joined a group of like minded people and I'm learning how to detach from my son's choices and the outcome of those choices...I know I can't do it without the help of those who have gone before me. This is a shot in the dark, but in the group that you attend do you sponsor? Thanks
    recoveringenabler
    recoveringenabler
    Hi Awakening1990. The group I'm in is thru the HMO I belong to. The group I entered is not about enabling or adult kids, it's actually a process group. We all share our feelings and what has consistently occurred is that we end up talking about self love and acceptance often. It has really been helpful for me. Are you looking for a group?
    25 year old daughter lives with me for free with a 3yo daughter. She curses me out and has even hit me. All I ask of her is to do the dishes and care for her child. It's like pulling teeth to get her to do them consistently.Not working or going to school.The sanctity of my home is all I have as I am disabled although not officially but working from home.I was an awesome Mom. I don't like feeling sorry for myself.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…