10 down, 34 to go!

Californiablonde

I have been struggling trying to lose weight while battling constipation but I am slowly but surely losing. I officially started back on Weight Watchers ten weeks ago and so far I have lost ten pounds. It's only a pound a week average, which is slower than I wanted, but I am still happy. I am ten pounds lighter than I was in February and my clothes are fitting much looser. I have a feeling once I lose 5 more pounds I will be out of my 14 jeans and into my size 12's. Unfortunately not one single person has noticed my weight loss, which is a little disappointing, but I am already feeling better about myself. IT may take me a damn year to finally get all of this extra weight off, but dammit I'm gonna do it!

Lil

:hi5:

Good for you! A pound a week is 52 lbs in a year! That's a good loss rate that can stay off better than losing fast. Hang in there!

Californiablonde

Thanks, Lil. I have a feeling if I ever get this constipation under control I will start losing a little bit faster. Over the weekend I felt so desperate to go the bathroom that I took a laxative. A bunch of stomach cramps later and I finally went. But I am not going to make it a habit of taking laxatives. I know they can ruin your body, plus during the week when I'm working I refuse to run to the bathroom every hour and put up with heavy duty stomach cramping when I'm trying to do my job. So I am saving that box of laxatives for emergency weekends only. I am not giving up at all soon when it comes to losing this weight. I want people to notice, and if I keep it up, sooner or later they will. I just gotta keep on truckin.

Lil

Well Metamucil you can use every day. Stool softeners would be in place of a laxative.

InsaneCdn

A pound a week on a consistent basis is actually TERRIFFIC weight loss. Remember the tortoise and the hare? Just keep plugging along - you WILL get there.

Californiablonde

I am not giving up, that's for sure. A good friend of mine suggested I join a facebook group for big women so I did. There are a TON of men on their who love overweight gals. A couple have complained I'm too skinny to be on the site, lol. Oh well, I may be big for now, but I'm not staying this way! I gotta admit, though, the rest of the men who are giving me some pretty heavy duty compliments is a HUGE self esteem booster!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
:bravo:CB that is awesome!! Who cares if no one else has noticed, you know and that's what counts.

One pound a week is a good slow and steady weight loss and you are more prone to keep the weight off.

You are doing great!!

Californiablonde

I went ahead and jinxed myself. I gained back 2 and a half pounds since Sunday! So one giant step forward, two steps back. The kids and I went to Dairy Queen on Sunday and I had a mushroom burger minus the mayo plus a small chocolate sundae. That meal plus being still being constipated is probably what did it. This is I did NOT go over my WW points. You know those extra 49 points you can spend however you wish? Well my Dairy Queen meal was part of those extra points.

So technically I didn't cheat, yet gained some weight. I am highly disappointed, but still determined. I am going to take a couple laxative pills today close to the end of work so it doesn't affect me while I'm at my job. Hopefully that will help and I can get some of this weight back down. This constipation business really sucks!

InsaneCdn

OK, so the meal wasn't over on points.
But it WAS substantially UNDER on fiber and food value.

Until you get your bowels properly regulated, you might want to lay off fast food, ice cream and other higher-calorie-lower-food-value items, especially ones that don't include substantial fiber.

InsaneCdn

Don't weigh every day. In fact, don't weigh more than once a week. Once every two weeks is better.
Ideally, at the same time, on the same day, on the same scale, wearing same or similar clothes, NO SHOES (shoes really vary in weight).

Californiablonde

I can easily gain 7 pounds in one short week (and I have) and that's why I choose to weigh myself daily. If the scale goes up a few pounds I like to know about it ASAP so I can try and fix it. I know daily weigh ins are not condoned on WW or myfitnesspal. I can't help it. I am addicted to daily weighing. I ended up losing one pound since yesterday, but I have a feeling it's only water weight since I caved in and took some laxative yesterday. Still, hopefully by the end of this week I will have lost those nasty extra 2 and a half pounds.

JKF

I used to weigh myself daily. I can't do it anymore bc it drives me insane. I have mild O.C.D. and I was basically a slave to the scale. I was obsessed with weighing myself and if I lost I had a good day but if I gained it was a bad day. I just can't do that to myself anymore. Now, I weigh myself every Friday morning. I like Friday's because it's before any possible weekend splurges and between then and the next Friday it gives me time to lose in case I gain from a weekend splurge. There are definitely times when my weight fluctuates but that's natural and I've learned to just go with it. Instead now I use my O.C.D. "skills" to focus more on what I'm eating and how I feel instead of the number on the scale. But that's just me so please don't think I'm being judgmental. I'm just sharing my take on weighing daily. Different things work for different people. You are doing a great job!! Don't get frustrated and keep up the good work. It will be worth it in the end!

Lil

I can't help it. I am addicted to daily weighing.

I used to weigh myself daily. I can't do it anymore bc it drives me insane. I have mild O.C.D. and I was basically a slave to the scale.

Yep, yep, yep! I would go to my doctor's office to weigh when I was on WW. Now I think I'll do it every two weeks at the dietician's office. We own a scale...I don't get on it anymore. If I couldn't keep myself from it, I'd get rid of it!

Californiablonde

JFK the reason why Mondays is the ONLY day I skip weighing myself is for the same reason you just mentioned. I splurge and use my extra WW points on Saturday and Sunday and I just know for a fact that I gain a couple pounds each weekend. But I tend to lose it again right away. Well someone at work just gave me a big compliment this morning and said my clothes are looking much looser on me, so I am happy. I must be doing something right after all!