11-21-08 cd board invite a lurker day

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was inspired by ropefree's post and after reading some of the comments I see that others may feel left out or don't have the UMPH to come out and just pop in here and say hello.

SO.......

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO DO NOT FEEL LIKE YOU COULD DO THIS - TOMORROW IS AMNESTY DAY - JUST come out and say hello.....introduce yourself, and know that there isn't much that the rest of this group hasn't heard, seen, witnessed or finds abnormal - no matter what you think.

Just wanted to invite all those lurking and feeling left out to post here -

And let us know you're out there so we can give you a proper welcome.

Marguerite

I also love the amnesty idea, although I have difficulty understanding the date. There aren't 21 months in a year! OK, I know you guys put the date and months the wrong way round, I just always have a major clash of mental gears whenever I see a date, and for low day numbers I often make mistakes.

But whenever - come out and play, all you lurkers. We don't bite!

Marg

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Maybe there should be 21 months? Hmm

Anyhoo... you lurkers come on out!!! I came out and am proud to admit it! It was scary at first. But everyone was very nice after I got let out of the naughty corner!!!

Star is still in it...

Seriously though, if any one needs some support please let us know! :) or can give some...

L

luvmyottb

I used to lurk here but now I am an occasional poster. Come and join the crowd!

susiestar

Roll With It
What an AWESOME day for lurkers to have Amnesty! It is also Wiz' 17th birthday, so I will provide cyber birthday cake and goofy party hats for all to share!

Come join us - or at least give us a shout and let us say Howdy to ya!

Susie

M

ML

I had a brother who passed away when I was 18 who would have been 43 on 11/21. What a great idea.

Ropefree

Banned
Star, You do have a way about you! Thanks for being you. I came on tonight all worked up over what is going on at my world theater of the drama and I get so interested in the posts and forget all about my own.
Now I am snoozy. But I have news...progress and what a relief. The hurry up and wait...crisis and then slogging through. I want to share the news in the morning.
Lurking off.

Marguerite

I look forward to reading about your news, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you for a couple of days. I'm likely to be busy until the morning after the wedding (Sunday) or later.

It sounds like good news, I'm glad for you.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Lurkers oh lurkers come out & say "hi". We're not scary or judgemental ~ just a group of weary parents holding each other up when needed.

Andy

Oh lurkers! Come on! Where are you? Only a few more hours left. Let's see how many of you can pop in just to say "hi". Like a telethon - but better, no money to send!

We care about you all.

Numina

Hi! Waves.

Not really sure what to say. You're all great and have given me such hope and reassurance.

9 yr old DS was given a tentative diagnosis of Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified Tuesday - completely out of the blue for me. I don't see it but a mother wouldn't, would she? His teacher recruited our GP to stage an intervention on me so I took DS to be tested.

It's funny, 'Aspergers light' I can stomach. Saying he's 'tongue tied with some adults and a very picker eater' don't make me want to run from the room screaming like the scary label "PPD" does.

Now that I'm paying attention I see him playing with light switches and babbling prosady. He really melts down if he has to write an imaginative story for school.

I'm meeting with the GP on Wednesday to stage a plan of action. And husband and I have an appointment in two weeks to see what the psychologist recommends.

I don't know what's sadder; a) thinking I was the only one who had to deal with a 9 yr old's dingle berries or b) that there are more mothers in the world who have to deal with them.

KateM

:flowers:Welcome,Numina!

Yes, getting the dianoses can be a real downer. My son wasn't diagnosis with Aspergers until age 14 -- we were told ADHD with quirkiness and social skill deficits from age 4. The "good news" is that a diagnosis can put you on the right path -- interventions that are geared towards Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) that can be beneficial to you and your son. It can also open the door to more services from the school.

Thanks for joining us; make yourself at home! We're a friendly and supportive group, but weekends can be slow!