13 year old that killed her father

ck1

Just wondering if anyone has seen the headlines about the girl in Pittsburgh who killed her father last month after years of abuse?

She's in the same detention center as my son and he has talked with her several times. He said she's nice. She showed him a lot of her scares from the abuse and has talked about what her life was like.

I feel so bad for her and pray she's able to live a normal life someday. I was thinking that as bad as my situation seems, it's not near what that family is living through.

Maybe some of you could keep her in your prayers as well, she's truly suffering in so many ways and she's so young. So sad...

TerryJ2

Oh, that's so hard.

We had a local teen who did that about 16 yrs ago. At the time, I was a reporter and he dad had come into our news ofc several times and scared the *#%&!)^^ out of us! He was disgusting and harsh made your hair stand on end, and I wouldn't put anything past him. When I found out he had a daughter my 1st impression was pity for her. Yrs later, she made headlines when she killed him. He had been sexually abusing her and beating her for yrs. The whole thing came as no surprise to me, nor to the people who had met him.

I hate to imagine the guilt this girl has for killing her own father, but I can see how it happened and don't blame her in the least.

I'm hoping that in jail, she (both the one locally and the one you read about) get lots of therapy, because this may be the first and only chance they'll ever have.

I wish them luck and love.

Steely

Horrible......when I was in a phosph as a teen, I was in with a boy who killed both of his parents. This boy was the sweetest, kindest, most sensitive person in the place. He just did not know what else to do in his F'd up, abusive, home other than eliminate the problem - because he was just a little boy.
It is tragic.........and I pray that the justice system finds a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for this girl, rather than juv.

TerryJ2

Wow. Amazing how any human can live like that. I am SO glad she's not getting jail time! May her new life begin now.

ck1

Thankfully, this girl was moved to a facility today that has a very good reputation, so hopefully she will get the help she needs. I talked with her mother last night, she is sad that her daughter couldn't come home, but understands she isn't ready and it's not the best thing right now.

I'm frustrated that my son is still sitting in the detention center awaiting placement and probably will be there for one to two more weeks, and he certainly didn't kill anybody!!! Ok, sorry, that wasn't nice. But it is frustrating, I know it's just a holding place for him but I wish things could move along a little faster for him as well...