16 Year Old Son Imploding

I love the idea of using cameras! Brilliant! You have to protect yourself and your younger children in the real event that he sets you up. When my son was 12, I left him alone for 45 min to gather my wits before I did something I’d regret. He knew I was leaving for a break and how long I’d b gone. 30 min later I recv’d a call from cops at my home telling me to get home at once! Upon arriving I was threatened w being arrested for abandonment of a suicidal child! I had to take him to a psychiatric hospital to have him admitted or I’d be arrested. After waiting 1/2 the night to be evaluated, the Dr said to take him home, he was attention seeking... Bull, he manipulated the system to get me home and get his way. I could go on n on... Let him hang himself and get arrested ASAP. The longer he gets his way and gets away w it the more he is reinforced for bad/criminal behaviors. Your wife is guilt ridden and hasn’t let go of her fantasy son I’m sorry to say. I can say that cause I was her! But when drugs or stolen property are found in your home and they see parents just “letting him do whatever” (my God where has common sense gone to?!) they have the right to take your younger children and even your property for knowing he had drugs in your home. Do you not think he comes in w stuff and hides it? I was selling my home and the inspector found a huge bag of pot stuffed up into my fireplace!! Wake up Mama, save your marriage and your other kids!

Copabanana

How horrible! How I wish you and your wife and all of us did not have to live like this.

There will be social workers at the facility that arrange discharge and follow-up.

Could you refuse to take him, until there is a plan proposed that protects and meets the needs of all of you? Other parents have.

I mean, might you insist he be discharged to a therapeutic halfway house, some sort of protected treatment millieu or therapeutic foster home?

He has a documented history now which is serious and ongoing.

Could you insist that you are not equipped to keep him safe and that your other kids are not safe, that the social workers work to insure son gets placed where he can be helped? A family attorney could be an option.

If wife is still on another page could you go to a professional and work together to get into synch?

If you are in the USA he could at 17 go to job corps when he is stabilized. It is a free federal job training program where they live! They take kids with problems. My son went. They were unfazed.

I support you to do what ever it takes to protect yourself and family, and ultimately your son. He matters here too. His life is not working for him. For reasons that are unclear. By acting in behalf of the family as a whole, and to protect yourself, you help him, I think.

To keep on with this dance, with the same tune, sets him up too.

I am sorry. Glad you checked in, and glad for you there is some respite.

Last edited:

Baggy Bags

I wish I could give you a hug.

Hoping you find the help and support you need, and that the system can do good for you kid.
It's so hard to watch them do this to themselves, never mind everything they're putting us through.

Glad you are getting a little break.

BloodiedButUnbowed

Username, thanks for checking in with an update. I am glad that someone finally took you seriously and that your son is now receiving some help.

I agree that you should not simply take him back to your home upon discharge. You can contact a family law attorney and see if you can begin proceedings to have him placed ... wherever his treatment team feels is best at this time, but certainly not at home.

I am hopeful your wife has been dragged onto the same page as you, after experiencing such horrid treatment at your son's hands.

Fingers crossed he will not return to the family home.

Last edited: