17-year-old moved in with dad

Colleen

Just need some support. I have been divorced since December 2013 and I bought a condo in a nice area in the same school district where my daughter goes to school. My 20-year-old son decided to stay with his father. Anyway, sometimes it was rocky with my daughter. She smoked cigarettes, pot and who knows what else. She took off in the middle of the night and around the 7th time I called the police and took her to court and she was on house arrest and probation and has to do community service because when they did a urine check it checked out for pot. We usually got along great. I took her shopping, to school and picked her up, we would talk and tell jokes and go out to eat. But she has a wild streak in her. Anyway, I had to go to the ER last week and I sent her over to her dads to stay over night so I could rest and not have to get up at 6:30 a.m. to take her to school. Well her dad didn't bother even to get up and take her to school, so she didn't go and didn't call them or anything. I guess I was still feeling bad and yelled at her dad and her for being so irresponsible. I just didn't want to happen what happened last year with her missing school a lot and flunking out of a couple of classes. Anyway, I don't know if she decided or my ex talked her into it, but she decided to move to my ex's house. Her dad moved her today. I feel so terrible. I feel like my heart is ripped out. I know she didn't have any respect for me (putting bad things on Facebook about me, calling me a :censored2:, etc) but it still hurts very bad. I know I can see her whenever I want. I just wish it didn't feel so terrible. Thanks for letting me vent

GuideMe

Just need some support. I have been divorced since December 2013 and I bought a condo in a nice area in the same school district where my daughter goes to school. My 20-year-old son decided to stay with his father. Anyway, sometimes it was rocky with my daughter. She smoked cigarettes, pot and who knows what else. She took off in the middle of the night and around the 7th time I called the police and took her to court and she was on house arrest and probation and has to do community service because when they did a urine check it checked out for pot. We usually got along great. I took her shopping, to school and picked her up, we would talk and tell jokes and go out to eat. But she has a wild streak in her. Anyway, I had to go to the ER last week and I sent her over to her dads to stay over night so I could rest and not have to get up at 6:30 a.m. to take her to school. Well her dad didn't bother even to get up and take her to school, so she didn't go and didn't call them or anything. I guess I was still feeling bad and yelled at her dad and her for being so irresponsible. I just didn't want to happen what happened last year with her missing school a lot and flunking out of a couple of classes. Anyway, I don't know if she decided or my ex talked her into it, but she decided to move to my ex's house. Her dad moved her today. I feel so terrible. I feel like my heart is ripped out. I know she didn't have any respect for me (putting bad things on Facebook about me, calling me a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:, etc) but it still hurts very bad. I know I can see her whenever I want. I just wish it didn't feel so terrible. Thanks for letting me vent

I have to be honest. While you might be feeling sad, I am completely envious. I WISH my daughter had a father who would take her in and give me a much needed break!! I wish I could relate, but I can't in this case, lol.

gingersgrl

I can relate to both Colleen and GuideMe. Sometimes I wish when things are going bad I had someone like a parent to take M off my hands but I know how hurt I would be at the same time. I think I would feel devastated once she was gone. It seems like a no win situation at times.

Hugs to you Colleen!