19 straight days

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Oh. Dang. No rain here for like.....two months? Also Worst. Spring. Ever! Couldn't we find some way to meet in the middle, Witz?! doesn't seem fair, right?! arrrgh.

Peace

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Pony, I hear you on the drought up here. I got a little rain yesterday, but just sprinkles. We're so dry up here that we're peeing dust, so to speak.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Yep Kat, we got some yesterday too, just enough to foul up the painting project we had going at work. But of course that fence was dry as a bone today and ready for stain! I think what we got yesterday was more than what we got in March & April combined....

Perhaps more coming this weekend?? I hope I hope I hope

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Pony, I think you are right on the amts the preceding two months. I do know that it didn't snow for beans in January and that's usually our heaviest month. I'd happily trade off some of our sunshine (not to meantion stinking heat a bit earlier) to someone willing to send us several days of good, soaking rain.

tawnya

We're trying to plant our crops here, but we have to keep dodging the rain!

I guess you always want something you don't have! I'll trade you a little, LOL

tawnya

PS you can have the ticks, too!

witzend

The thing is, it doesn't just rain here. The sun doesn't shine. It's dark. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't dark all winter, but it's dark and it's almost the longest day of the year. You have to turn on the lights all day long to see. It's sweaty. The humidity is in the 90's ALL OF THE TIME. Do you know what that does to a woman in menopause?

It's only made it to 70 degrees twice since September. I feel like I'm living in Alaska, but I'm pretty sure it's nicer there.

nvts

OMG Witz! I think I'd be losing it by now...I couldn't stand April/May here - it seemed like it rained every day - I took Evie walking twice (so much for my great weight loss plan!).

If you can, fly here and we'll warm you up then throw you in the pool!

Feel better!

Beth

KTMom91

We had a cooler than usual spring, with rain every Tuesday/Wednesday for about six weeks straight. This past week, the temp's creeping back up into the 90's.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I know both ends of the spectrum... Starting to truly hate rain... I don't mind the occasional rumbly t-storm, but lately it's just been wet. wet. wet. ...Then we get what looks like it's going to be a nice day and it's hot. and. humid.

Mind - heat does not bother me. I just would like a sunny day that actually lasted all day. husband and I are going camping this weekend 'cause the weather report (Sunday when I reserved spot) said... "Mostly Sunny"... This is now "90% chance of rain".

Ugh. Witz, I am with you. I'll send some of our sunshine your way... When we have more than 10 minutes of it!!!!

Mom2oddson

I'm with you Witz....getting so sick of RAIN! I've had to dump water out of my flower pots because they can't drain fast enough. My poor veggies aren't growing. They are too busy swimming. And Alaska has been having better weather than us. We've been colder than Alaska several times this Spring. UHG! And it looks like at least three more days of Rain before there is a chance of sunshine.

Wiped Out

Staff member
So sorry you are dealing with so much rain. I know I would be more than fed up. Sunshine helps so much with moods. We have had off and on weather. It seems it will rain for a week then not a week, then another week of rain-and that little bit is driving me crazy!! I hope you get some sunshine soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It was overcast, drizzly and gray here the other day. OMG my favorite kind of day - I said to DF "What a georgeous day this turned out to be." thinking I was sarcastic he agreed in kind. When I told him I was serious? Deer in the headlights look. Then I gave the same Doe eyed expression back to him and said "ELEVEN YEARS? Eleven years living with me and you have no clue what kind of day is my favorite? WHERE have you been?"

So he said "Well then I think you should go live in the Pacific NW." .........(i thought about how nuts he'd been making me lately) and sighed and said - "Well whenever something happens to you? That's where I'm going." :surprise: Let's just say THAT little can of worms stayed shut. ;)

You can have all this bloody sunshine.......blech.

witzend

You always say that, Miss "Lives in South Carolina and doesn't actually have to live through months and months of rain and clouds". It's 8 PM and the sun came out. It's brighter than it's been in weeks.

Star*

call 911........call 911
....Ah Not true......Lived and grew up in Ohio - WHERE.....(according to statistical findings) Ohio has only 32 days of ACTUAL sunshine per year. The rest are cloudy and overcast, rain or snow. ----(thinks a moment) Yes....I still would be happy with a month of rain. Had it before, LOVE IT. - Except that flood part, collecting the animals and floating around for days and days. :tongue:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I actually prefer overcast days, especially if I have to drive anywhere. Bright sunlight hurts my eyes. I have to wear those "Old Man" shades that fit over my glasses in order to have a chance of seeing where I'm going.