1am phone call

A

AmericanGirl

Well Tuesday it was 3am. He was hitting rock bottom. Please come get me. I'm having suicidal
thoughts. Then, court that night.
Wednesday, it was visit the treatment facility / be horrible to your mother day.
Thursday, it was call your mother several times today and be really nice to her. Followed by a 1am call explaining you stopped drinking two days ago and you are sick as a dog in the dorm. Yes, you would like to come home. Now, please. Plenty of thank yous and I love yous when mom gets out of bed and drives across town. Topped off by a trip in the 24 hr. market with your nightgown tucked ino your jeans to get Gatorade.

Hey Hallmark....write a Mother's Day card for that...I dare you!

Wonder what fun tomorrow will bring.

Hope they have cool crafts in the looney bin. I like crafts.

StressedM0mma

Let me know if they do have cool crafts,or as my momma says "a comfy rocking chair" because I might come join you if they do. Seriously, Hugs. I hope things begin to look up soon.

Nancy

Is he sick because he stopped drinking? Your life is certainly not dull. I'll join you in the rocking chairs.

Nancy

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Oh dear! What a night!

Yes - I understand when the thought of being locked away starts looking like a "vacation"...

((((hugs))))

DammitJanet

Dont bother with the loony bin. Its not what its cracked up to be and its way expensive. What you need is a weeks vaca in a nice hotel with room service, a jetted tub and stocked bar. Dont forget to take your ebook reader and leave the cell phone at home. Oh and take the laptop so you can keep in touch...lol.

S

Signorina

No loony bin. I totally agree w Janet. A resort, with a spa, a beach, a bar, & books!!! Meet you there?

On another note, your difficult child keeps reaching out to YOU. That's gotta be a good sign. He's not lost.

Truth be told-I'm little jealous of that sometimes (cue violins)

A

AmericanGirl

Sig, if I could give you that, oh how I wish I could.

Nancy, he said he hasn't drank since he went to see treatment facility. I didn't know this until yesterday. Of course, he may claim in a few days that he is "healed" and doesn't need them.

I wish we could all rent a cabin by a lake for a week together. No difficult child talk. Daily massages. Huge boxes of Calgon...lol

A

AmericanGirl

He says he is. Said he had fever and sweats when I picked him up. No fever, yes sweaty butnot that bad. I'm not convinced.

buddy

HUGS AG... I love the idea of avoiding the deductable and copays for a looney bin.... just use the money for a motel or spa.

exhausted

Ah AG, Hang in there. The next trip you take is for you! difficult child is going to be fine. And yes he will want to go home and say he is cured. Don't buy it! You need a break.

AG: I love your sense of humor! I was feeling sorry for myself because my difficult child is in jail and I don't know how he is doing, and I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. It feels good to laugh for a change. I am sending you HUGS for a peaceful week-end. At least we can all dream about a spa vacation, where we don't have to worry all the time about these kids. Take care of yourself...

A

AmericanGirl

PV, come to the looney bin with me. I looked at the schedule. Tomorrow is orange jello and macrame.

Truth is, and I bet you agree, I cannot get my arms around this situation. I never ever dreamed we would be here.

I feel like I seriously am holding onto my sanity by a slim thread. I woke up with heart palpitations. Praying he will go to rehab next week....and stay four weeks.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have always wanted to take the underwater basketweaving class. Let me know what days that is scheduled!!

I am sorry things have been so rough. Please be very aware that it is vastly more dangerous to detox from alcohol than from most "hard" drugs. Esp if he is having suicidal thoughts, maybe he should be in a detox facility if/when this happens again? It is just a suggestion, but being home might not be the best place for him if he is suicidal or if he is going through alcohol detox. I do realize that you cannot force him to go to a facility.

(((((hugs)))))