1st day on Zyprexa and sleeping all day.

Lothlorien

She fell asleep on the floor at my friend's while she was doing my hair today. Fell back to sleep in the car. I made a couple of stops, she woke up, ate and went back to sleep on the couch. Sheesh! Maybe tomorrow I will start giving her half a tab. She's on the lowest dose possible at 2.5 mg.

smallworld

Zyprexa is very sedating. We found it gets better as the body adjusts to it (about a week or so). My daughter is currently taking 10 mg and awake all day.

You could try giving it late afternoon or early evening to see if that works better. Hope things improve soon.

goldenguru

My hubby takes Zyprexa for 'emotional emergencies' only. When he takes one he usually sleeps for 24 straight hours. Hard sleep. I hate the medication personally.

susiestar

Roll With It
I was put on it for migraine prevention when it first came out. NOT a useful medication for that, the doctor I was seeing was an idiot. He gave me the highest dose that the company makes (I forget what it was) and written directions to take 2 in themorning. I took one and slept for 3 days straight. I came very close to not waking up, according to my new doctor.

It is extremely sedating for me, maybe cutting it in half or fourths would be good to start.

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Loth,

Give it some time - kt is on Zyprexa & was very sedated for about 2 weeks. Gradually she got used to it.

We are actually changing her PRN from the add's seroquel to the zyprexa sometime next month. It works well as a PRN.

Good luck & keep us updated.