1st fam. sess. today..UPDATE from intake went well

AtThe Brink

Well, hubby went with to the family session :bravo: He just spilled all of his thoughts although he was not ready for difficult child to join us and the social worker was perfectly fine with that but he told him eventually that it would have to happen in a future session. Hubby nearly broke down in tears.......I was glad to see that for me really because he too has alot of stuff inside that needs to come out so he won't be so angry and fustrated. In past times with therapists too, my husband has gotten the finger pointed at him, which is what he thought was going to happen this time(and it didn't because I told them that this is what happens and if it happens again he's ABSOLUTELY not going to participate). I was extremely lucky to have him join me for THIS session.
The hospital is VERY concerned with Jeremy's manipulation. They may keep him longer than the 6-8 days that was originally planned. Perhaps difficult child will show his true colors(once he is comfortable in his environment) and they will see it.
There is also some talk about a residential facility where he would live for 45-90 days. I am not for or against it at this point. I just don't know enough about it yet. Anyone have any ideals on what types of questions I need to ask about the residential facility? I would like to thank you all for your kind words, words of wisdom and encouragement. I so need it right now. :wink:

busywend

Here is a link to a post in General Archives about what to ask a Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

http://www.conductdisorders.com/com...ential Treatment Center (RTC)-need-input.200/

Alisonlg

I am *so* glad that husband went with you to the session. :::hugs::: An Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement might be a good fit for DS. Definately ask some questions.