1st time ever posting on a forum

LOVESDOLPHINS

i am new here and have never posted on a forum before. i have read though some of the postings and don't quite understand some of the short hand like gtg? i have BiPolar (BP) and i have 3 kids that all have various mental and physcial disabitilies. i am married and neither myself of my hushand have any actual family to help emotionally support us. but through friends and the school we have a great support system. so i hope i am doing this posting thing right. all i ask is please bear with me until i understand this site and how it works.

Hello and welcome to the site!

There is a forum called FAQ. It will help with the abbreviations. Most are pretty straight forward. difficult children is what we call our challenging children. It lovingly stands for Gifts From God. Also while you are on the FAQ forum, there is a section that shows you how to make a signature. Please do that because it is so hard to keep everybody straight. We like to know who we are talking to.

You found a safe place to land. Feel free to look around, and post anytime. Again, welcome!

DammitJanet

Welcome to the board!

You have found a safe place to land for you and your family. If you look around on the Frequently Asked Questions Board (FAQ) you will find a list of the common abbreviations such as difficult child, easy child, etc.

Those mean the gift from god or the kid who has the problems who brings you to the board...lol. easy child is your normal kid. husband or wife is your husband or wife.

Check out that board to get more info.

I hope you find this place a great asset. It was one of the first places I ever posted when I first got on the internet almost 10 years ago. I have been here ever since.