2 days till B day

DammitJanet

Or maybe I should say Disaster day...the day Tony has to go pick Buck up and bring him back. I am so not happy about this.

I just called unemployment in my state and found out he has to file in the state he worked in...sigh. PITA. Now I have to call them and make sure he will qualify if the reason he lost his job is that he became homeless and has to move to this state in order to have a place to live. I hope so or else we are screwed. We are counting on him having unemployment income in order to get him out and into a boarding room within two weeks or so. As soon as that first check comes he is out. If he cant get unemployment I dont know what we will do. Thankfully though, all applications for unemployment in SC are done on the computer.

I am so dreading this. I am going to go out and buy two more pairs of pajama's. I dont have that many.

InsaneCdn

Janet...
is that... 2 more days to Buck- day?
or... 2 more days to your Birthday?
Or... please not that ... both?

Like, Tony really isn't going to install Buck on YOUR Birthday, is he?

DDD

I think Janet's Birthday has recently passed. No comment on the "B Day" but sending good luck wishes. DDD

DammitJanet

I got the phone call that he was coming back on my birthday. He is coming back in 2 days because "that is what we have to do." I have simply given up the fight.

I have really decided that my life is not worth much anymore. I had decided I was going to start going to therapy and just pay out of pocket for it so I could go back to my old therapist but now I got a voicemail telling me that they are making changes so she cant take on any new clients and I would have to start with a new therapist who works between the office here and in Fayetteville. I could see her one time a month in my town and one time a month in Fayetteville. Forget it. I already have to drive one time a month to Fayetteville to see my psychiatrist now and I know there is no way that we could make it the same day. And undoubtedly times would be messed up even if I could make it the same day because doctor offices never make getting in and out easy and I would never get a set time for them...like every tuesday at 2.

jal

Did he quit or was he fired? I hate to say this, but if he was fired or if he quit he most probably won't be able to collect, unless he goes through a hearing and the company doesn't contest it(for a firing) or the company was in error with regards to the law. If he quit, he definately won't get unemployment.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, good lord. :faint:

I'm disappointed, Tony struck me as a smart man. But a smart man's number 1 priority is keeping his wife happy.

And you know this is coming from the woman who's whole life centers around family, so yeah.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

Well we are going on the leaving the job because he had no place to live and no way to get there so the job let him go because he couldnt get there. I called unemployment in SC and asked them about this situation and what would happen. The lady said it would all depend on what the company said and what the state capital agency decided. I have found transitional housing programs in the next county up from us if he cant get unemployment because I will be damned if he is staying here. Those are basically homeless shelters but one step up.

witzend

If it helps any, we had to let an employee go because he was so unhealthy that he could no longer perform the work. There was work available, and it certainly was not our fault that he had a 57" 'chest' (he called it his chest...) and could no longer fit into tight spaces. We wrote him a letter of dismissal saying that since he couldn't perform the duties of the job, we couldn't use him. He got unemployment, and eventually got SSDI back to the day we let him go.

If your brother in law can't perform the work through no fault of his own, unemployment's a possibility. But employers don't like it because their insurance rate goes up.

DammitJanet

My old therapist keeps texting me trying to convince me to give it a go with this new therapist situation but I know it wont work.

InsaneCdn

Maybe <tongue in cheek, but... might be worth a chuckle...>

Maybe "Buck can live here as long as he wears antlers full time"...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I'm thinking your old therapist, and good friend, is thinking you're not going to be able to handle Buck in your house again. Keep the option open in case you need it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending good wishes, hugs, positive juju, crossing all crossable body parts that he's out in two weeks, no later! Hugs, janet, you deserve better than this, xo

So is Buck just moving in until he gets some check, and saves up enough to move out???? Can you be just as drastic as Tony and call the police when he gets there? He can't just "move in" because Tony says so. No Janet. What can you do? I can garantee he won't be helping do dishes this time, him and Tony are in cohoots and you're out of the loop. No, Iunderstand it's Tony's land, but it's your house. Can you play your music REALLLY LOUD at 4 am when Tony leaves, can you provoke hm when Tony's gone and call the cops on him then?

His plan seemed to be, have Tony drive him home to get his affairs in order and be right back!This is disturbing, can you call the cops now and find out what you can do? How about ask someone from the county, google some info, small claims court...throw everything at the wall. You heard from other relatives,this is his MO, pick their brains on how to stop it. Can you give him a tent as though you were giving him a great favor? Tell him how much it costs. He owes you for all that plus all that other stuff.

donna723

You know, no matter who actually owns the house or the property, I think if they live there long enough they are considered to be a legal resident and you actually have to evict them to get them out ... or at least that's what Judge Judy says!
:groan:

You might want to check about what the legal time limit is in your area and make darn sure he's outta there before that!

buddy

Janet, does he have to live in your state for a long time to collect welfare?

What a jerk, sorry, but if he stayed in SC he could have his medication care, could collect welfare, and could stay with his church (ok that was mean).