2 years ago today

KFld

WOW!!!!
It was 2 years ago today that I threw my easy child/former difficult child out of our house. It was 2 years ago today that I went home to check my bank account online and saw the checks he had forged. I called him to come home, pack up his stuff and move out and he has not lived home since.

I can tell all of you who are questioning detatchment that it is the best thing I did for him. It forced him to look at his life and decide what he wanted to do with it. 2 years later he is 11 months clean, working full time, still living in a soberhouse, has a wonderful girlfriend and is truley a different person then he was 2 years ago. He is healthy and happy and loves us!!!

I still can't believe it's been 2 years since that awful day. It seems like just yesterday.

jbrain

Hi Karen,
well, happy anniversary (sort of)! It has been nearly a year since I did the same thing with difficult child 1 and she certainly has come a long way herself. I am so glad to be removed from the drama and chaos--if she has it I don't have to know about it!

Cheers!

Jane

witzend

It's hard to believe that it has been that long. Time flies when you're having fun, huh? :wink:

I'm glad that he is doing so well. No doubt about it, baby steps add up to a journey.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's amazing how you never forget those life-altering "anniversaries," be they good or bad. Both of you have come a very long way. Good for you! :thumb:

Hugs,
Suz

Lothlorien

that's wonderful! I'm sure it must have been really hard to go through at the time, but it's all paid off and he's making you proud. You should be proud of yourself, too.

AliceLee

Hi Karen, I haven't talked to you in a LONG time, but I'm so happy for you and your son! Your strong backbone has paid off.

Congrats I hope it happens for me and my son too. I look now at where they are living and wonder how in the world anyone can succeed. I want to help him but it is not a good idea. I will let him struggle and hope and pray he makes a better life for himself - the one he was meant to live. It is very hard to watch your child/young adult struggle and not try to help them especially when they dont want you too. It is like watching a cripple try to walk knowing that they want to do it on their own no matter how many times they fall. Hats off to you!

catwoman

I know I tend to only remember the anniversaries of the bad things that happened. I'm happy for you and your difficult child. Hoping I can say the same in 2 years.