20 Year Old Son has drug problem

exhausted

I'm glad to hear a step has been made. I really hope he goes peacefully. Not being high could mess with his mood and desperation as well. He might wake up hell bent for leather to get a fix rather than treatment. He may need detoxing???

I really don't think you have any choice but to guide him to treatment and try to intervene. You will end up with no relationship if this continues. There isn't much else to talk about when your dealing with an active addict-their life is getting high.

My difficult child disclosed just what she wanted-the really scary stuff she was terrified to share. She did tell us about pot use-but not the real addiction issues. I have not been able to trust her since age 14-everything is suspect as either a lie, manipulation or deciet. She is actively engaged in hiding her continued behavior problems. She tries to be ok for a few weeks and then she can't keep control-there is great shame in not being able to do right or use drugs. And despite their seemed disrespect for us, what they do is not aimed at the family, it is aimed at meeting their drive to get high or numb their feelings. We are just in the way.Sometimes we are also the vehicle that makes it possible, unknowingly of course. This is why I have really learned a lot going to FA. I have been amazed at what I didn't know. Noone teaches us to parent these kids-especially our difficult children.

Keep us posted.