2008 Best Of...

tiredmommy

I was thinking it might be fun to do a "2008 Best of CD.com Threads" post. What made you laugh, cry, feel closer to others, or fill the void somehow? Links to the actual thread are great!

Aw TM, I'm tickled that you included my post of Tink's school thing. I'm gonna spend some time looking back and I will post some too. What a great idea.

klmno

I don't know that I could find actual threads of things without spending a great deal of time- but I will say that since I've only been here about 18 mos, Dude has come a long way and I'm impressed. Funnies- oh gosh, BBK, Star, mstang, and a few others have had me laughing so hard that I can't sit still long enough to wipe the tears coming down my face. Tears- a passing away, what TL (Linda) is going thru, what Janet has gone thru and is still recuperating from, Steely's, Dreamer's, Wyntersgrace's and Daisylover's struggles.

Feeling closer/filling a void- that is the amazing thing- there are so many that I feel I can relate to here. It might be different for different topics, but the greatest thing about the board is the common bond, the overwhelming amount of knowledge that comes from first-hand experience, and comradery.

Occupational Therapist (OT) stuff- recipes, ideas for gifts, hiding places (that isn't really Occupational Therapist (OT)), women's stuff.

M

ML

I have been touched by the resilience of the women (and Marg's man, can't think of any other men) here. Your willingess to reach out and share pain, strength and compassion has touched my soul. I am honored to be part of something great.

I have particularly been moved by Steely's year of recovery and difficult circumstances. She inspires by her willingness to keep getting up every day with a spirit of hope for tomorrow.

You have all inspired me but I'm afraid to mention names because I don't want to leave anyone out.

CD.COM ROCKS!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
One of the posts or multiple post that had me on the floor, was the start of the *Corner* thread... I think it was Star* who Star*ted it on an Abbey thread???
Now it is just part of our Lingo.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
hmmmm we've all had quite the year.....

I loved the sporkisms......kitty in heat...........and.............

sorry couldn't help myself!

Andy

We have had some awesome cyber parties with the best food and music. We now have Jen's bus to help collect us all.

We have made the best of our corners and I suspect parties there when no one was looking? So nice of Abbey to custom make those corners - her building full of corners, enough for each of us who needed one was so nice.

I also enjoy the endless uses for sporks of all shapes and sizes.

I joined in April and have learned so much from all of our situations. Thank you for being my friends.

Jena

Andy - Yes my bus is currently in the process of getting gased up, and will be on the road soon. Wyntergrace was the inspiration for the bus, she kept talking about when she was heading to belize!! Hence the Belize Bus!!

Well, i'm not good at copying and pasting.......yet a few that stick in my mind are....

Abbey the rice bag filled with urine from your skinny pants/cell phone accident. I'm still laughing about that one!

Toto - "I dont' know what your saying, these donuts are so good" did i get that right?? well that sticks in my head....... :)

Star - I"m not sure there's alot to pick from here......... i'd have to say the mules was it you stole, it was mules right? LOL that had me laughing for days.....and the reasoning behind it!!

Meow - ok your most recent thread with swapping a kid. so perfect and classic

Jo - giving your stuff away on the board, your "gift" issues lol. priceless.

Mustang the night you put the utube video on the board to help my tease my eyebrows!! that was you, right? i cried that night sitting in my favorite spot in the bathroom i was weak.

You have all made me laugh at one point or another, i've probably missed so very many posts, but those are just a few as i sit here with my coffee today. You have all made me laugh when I didn't think laughing was at all attainable, made me cry when I see the level of strength you all have and just don't even realize it at times.

I joined here a year ago, i'm better for it, difficult child is better for it. easy child well........... life can't be perfect!!! LOL :tongue: she's def had a happier mom to deal with her carp!!

Thanks for starting this thread. i hope everyone has a great great new year!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How about when Star found Pootie?? Now that was memorable. I'd link the post but don't know how to go about finding it. I can still visualize her husband intimadating with only his size and manner. :rofl:

We always have wild parties here. lol

And the Moose! OMG I loved Toto's moose! (who have ever imagined? lol)

And BBK, this board auntie was busting with pride the day Tink earned her Student of the Month.

Abbey's sporks. Visions of her husband chasing Black Jack down the street......... And all those wonderful costumes!! Can't forget those!

Andy...are you sure it's only been since April?? I feel like I've known you much longer than that.

Oh, and thanks Amazed.......now you've got me drooling all over myself again over that hunk. :rofl:

Jena

:happyguy:I wanted to bring this one back to life because i thought it was a great thread. ok i have not researched any of my favorites tha'Tourette's Syndrome going to take time. lol i just wanted to get it bk up on the front screen. :)