24 HOURS

Jabberwockey

Then do so whenever needed. At least you will have evidence to show him in a year or three when he is whining and crying about why you wont help him and why you wont let him in.

pasajes4

I am an unabashed realist who has worked with kids like him and some much worse than anything he has done so far. Do I think he will be successful in the real world? No. Do I think he could if he were determined to keep his nose clean and work at it? Yes. I have seen harder kids then him turn their lives around. I have not seen even a glimmer of change, and I am always ready to fan the flames of change.

pasajes4

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and support. I could not move through this journey. Tomorrow at 8:00 A.M. I will lift me skirt and scream at the top of me lungs " I WILL NOT make another."

AppleCori

Pasa,

It is past the 8am deadline so I know you are in the thick of it--picking up son and dealing with him and his attitude. I just want to send my virtual support and prayers for a good day, and strength to make it through these next few months.

Please let us know how it is going when you get a chance.

I will be thinking of you all day.

Apple

Calamity Jane

PJ,

I'm thinking of you today, and know that you're preparing for the worst, but I'm hoping for the best. Hope you have a less-than-horrible day (it may be too much to ask for a good day). One minute at a time, PJ.

Lil

Ditto. Thinking of you. We're all here for you if you need a virtual hug and some added strength.
:group-hug:

pasajes4

I did not make it to the facility until 9:30. The traffic was horrible. I have never seen that many 18 wheel trucks clogging 35. I called and let them know. It really did not matter because he was still processing out. The clothes I had bought for him were the wrong size. He had lost a huge amount of weight. I guessed at the size. He had to hold them up. The shoes did not fit they were too wide. We had to stop and find pants and shoes. I can take the others back where they came from. We stopped so he could eat. He took about 3 bites of food and said his stomach hurt really bad and then he went to the restroom and everything came back up. He has lost about 120 pounds total and looks sick. He will be going to the dr tomorrow. I thought about the er but that is a nightmare. He has black circles under his eyes and his skin is mottled. He has been very subdued and I can barely hear him when he speaks. I just got him to sip some broth and ginger ale. I made the appointment as we were driving home. He did not look this thin or this bad last month on video conference visit. His appearance is really quite alarming. If he throws up again I will be calling an ambulance, because that's about the only way to not have to sit in the er for hours waiting to be seen.

SeekingStrength

Oh Pas,

I am certainly holding you and your son in my thoughts and prayers. I hate this for both of you and pray that it gets better very soon.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm sorry Pas, this has got to be so stressful for you.......hang in there, we're here for you......let us know how he's doing......geez....

Lil

Thinking about you Pas, and your son. I hope he isn't seriously ill. Keep us informed.

Jabberwockey

She started a new thread in General Parenting. He is in the hospital last I heard.

The thread is called "He is in the Hospital".

Scent of Cedar *

This is what truly bothers me the most. June 5th I received a call from his case manager letting me know that he went ape $#!% crazy in her office, destroyed property, cursed her out, fought with 2 guards, called code and it took 4 really large grown men to wrestle him to the ground and haul him to security.

What are your plans for when that happens in your home, pasa?

Can you refuse to take him in?

June 5th. Nothing has changed. I remember daughter's first "treatment" after her first "diagnostic" treatment facility. Two or three days before she would have been discharged, they evicted her from the program. I had to collect her that day. No warning. Know what they told me, these people who made their money because they kept her until close enough to the end that they would still be paid that enormous amount of money they charged to help her?

"Good luck. You're going to need it."

But it was too late for all of us by then.

Cedar

Sorry pasa, to be so negative.