2am crowd??? Where are you?

Marguerite

My sleep patterns are normal. For Sydney, Australia. As husband says, "the world cannot end today, because it's already tomorrow in Australia..."

Wassup? I thought the city didn't sleep at night, especially in Vegas.

If you're not in Vegas, duck outside and do some star-gazing. The night sky is always worth a good look, if there's not too much cloud cover.

How're things?

Marg

Marguerite

It WOULD be far enough away... and you could avoid snow forever, if you wanted to. Or you could live in the Alps if you like snow...

It's not noon here at the moment, it's 10 pm Friday night. The weekend has already begun. Almost time for difficult child 3 to head for bed, at which point husband & I can relax a bit more and enjoy the peace and quiet.

It's currently 23 C (73.4 F) and tomorrow will be 27 C (80 F). I believe the sea is currently very warm (23 C) so I'm hoping we can get a swim tomorrow. I'm putting on a roast dinner for lunch for the kids who are dropping in to get their washing organised. Our weather is forecast to be like this for the next week at least, it's like summer won't let go.

So think like Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid in the final scenes of the movie, when they're discussing where they'll run to next - "Australia," they decide.

At least you haven't got the entire Bolivian army sitting outside.

Let me know if you do head south of the equator. We'll put out the welcome mat for you.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dude called me - I think I'll give him your number - he's a 2 am person too -

Know how I know......? He called to tell me that he had another opossum for me and this one was 10lbs. "Oh Momma you have to come and get him."

As if - are you serious ? This kid is killing me.

Oh and the funny part - (not that calling your mother at 2 in the morning to come fetch an angry, 10lb possum wasn't funny) when I answered the phone he said "Hey MOmma what are you doing up at 2AM?"

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm a 2am person......although I'm trying hard not to be. lol I don't know how I missed your post.........but the board gets quiet around then so maybe I was surfing the net.

I'm going to have to ask the doctor for a sleeping pill or something next quarter. I rarely can fall asleep before 2am........and I have a class I'll have to get up for at about 5am at least........ought to be interesting.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, well I WAS UP at 2am... I stayed up to watch Obama on the Tonight Show, then got sucked into Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, then channel surfed until 3am :)

Sorry I missed all the fun! ;)

donna723

Star, I sympathize with you. My son works nights and he sometimes forgets that everybody else does not. I think he knows better not to do it now but I have gotten some really weird calls from him before. I'm one of those who goes into a panic if the phone rings at 2:00 am because I'm immediately thinking, "Who died!" or "Who is in the emergency room!"

It's funny - now - but he once called me at 2:00 a.m. just to ask me what those white wildflowers were that grew on the side of the road near our old house! When I mumbled, "Queen Annes Lace?" he goes, "Yeah! That's it!" For some reason they were discussing flowers and he couldn't remember what those were and it bothered him enough to call me at 2:00 am! I still can't figure out why anyone in his particular circle of friends would be discussing wild flowers!

Last edited:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I used to be a 2am person. But now with that magic little pill... well I sleep a lot better.
3 hours of sleep was not cutting it. Those little gremlins are just too demanding. They expect me to actually form coherent sentences!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Marg, I'm cracking up at your exact calculation of C to Farenheit. Not just 73 degrees, but 73.4. I'm glad you tossed in that .4 or I never would have considered the option.;)

Abbey

DDD

Hmmmm? Where was I at 2AM??

Oh yeah, I was sitting outside Shooters while easy child/difficult child mingled thru the crowd of likewise drunk young people trying to find out which one of "his friends" had the keys to my Explorer. :surprise:

Then.......at 3 AM, I drove the "designated driver" home from our house to go meet "a girl expecting him soon". The girl, of course, lives on the far N outskirts of our town :( AND (are you ready???) he didn't know "exactly" which house was hers OR "exactly" which street she lived on.

At 4 AM I was finally home in bed again. Alas, at 4:30 AM easy child/difficult child woke me up to ask "did I take my seizure medicine when we came home?"

:whiteflag: Sometimes I'm ready to surrender. :tongue: Sorry, I wasn't on the Board chatting with you! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
MORE on the Opossum saga.

I get a call from Dude at lunch time. His depression is at an all time high. Maybe Cymbalta is not working? sigh -

Hi Momma - Look, I'm sorry about the call at 2:00 AM - I just thought you would be excited about the opossum. He took my FUBU shoe off the porch and took it under the house. I had to crawl under there to get it, but he was VERY angry, we think he has rabies.
---He thinks EVERYTHING has rabies, and while opossums or ANYTHING can get rabies they are NOT carriers like bats and would not be in the trash can eating and drinking were it that he had rabies. BUT be careful.
Well We have him in a trash can, and I feel sorry for him. I thought you would come to get him.
-----Dude, I love animals and had it been injured, yes - I would have come to his rescue, but a healthy, hissing, hungry, 10 lbs. possum is not my idea of an 2:00 AM call - you nearly gave me a heart attack ya know?
Momma - I'm sorry - but Now I've got him and what do I do with him? Can we take him to the Wilderness center tomorrow?
-----okay.
THANKS MOM - You're the best.
_____slaps head - Gosh I'm gonna pulla possum outta my pocket every time I take him shopping. lol - You're the best....pft....if that's all it takes....

and I'm gonna call him at 2:00 and give him Abbers number to call in Vegas....lol. :alien:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl:

Starbie, I've decided Nichole and Dude must never meet. The two of them combined would be like Noah and the ark. People would swear a flood must be coming for all the animals they'd "rescue". ROFLMAO ;)