2nd Week Of November Weekly Thread

Good Morning Everyone,

The weekend just seemed to fly by! Talked to difficult child 1 and difficult child 2. Both are happy, doing well, although difficult child 2 is stressing about a test on Tuesday. Haven't heard from difficult child 3 in awhile but no news is usually good news. husband and I had a good weekend in spite of the cold temps. I'm so not ready for winter! Finished our Christmas shopping early for once, did some home improvement chores to get ready for Thursday's mess (are replacing toilets, need leaking shower faucets repaired), and went out for dinner.

Going to refill my cup As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

C

Confused

Yes, the weekend did go by fast! Glad your weekend went well overall. Mine was overall good until this morning! Have a good day

LittleDudesMom

Since this is the weekly thread, I guess we don't have to stick to posting in the am!

The weekend was a fast one here as well (aren't they all?). SFR, yesterday morning I actually went up to my wrapping room (actually the old 2nd floor sleeping porch but I use it for sewing, crafting, wrapping) and set up my Christmas wrapping area! Got all the gifts wrapped that I've gotten so far. I've already gotten the big gift for both easy child and difficult child -- just a few little practical things to go!

Those of you who have been around for awhile will understand my excitement -- we are actually supposed to get some snow showers tomorrow! The city is all agog!

Have a relaxing evening all.

*Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

We have snow on the ground-way too early-sorry LDM but I can't get excited about snow yet. I have a very small window of when I like snow to fall (sadly mother nature doesn't seem to care). Right now our temp is 17 with a wind chill of 10! BRRR!

It is the start of a long day as I have conferences until 7:00 tonight. I really do love conferences because meeting with the parents is almost always a lot of fun!

Wishing all a peaceful day!

Good Morning CD Family,

LDM, As I know you already know, I'm with WO on this one!! We got about 2 inches of the white stuff last night. This morning it's freezing out!! OK, not as cold as what WO is experiencing, but, I'm freezing even in sweatpants, sweatshirt, outside fleece jacket worn over this, warm, fuzzy slipper socks... Our highs today should hit the low to mid twenties. Hope all the snow heads your way... On a different subject but sort of related, I haven't started wrapping yet. Glad you mentioned it because my wrapping supplies are low, need to pick some more up.

Confused, Hope today is a much better day for you...!

Aside from sitting here freezing, my morning is off to a good start, lots of caffeine left in the pot. I just mentioned not hearing from difficult child 3 in awhile and yesterday afternoon I found an email waiting for me from her. She sent it just four minutes before I read it so I picked up the phone, called her. She sounds happy, except for a math class she hates, life is good... She got a great part time job this semester, is doing well academically, has an active social life, and thinks she's finally figured out what she wants to major in. She seems to be maturing and I'm practically doing the happy dance while sitting in my chair typing, lol... Keeping my fingers crossed things continue to go well...

Going to refill my cup. As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies!

It's in the low 70's here, no rain in sight, and even though we need it I'm loving this weather. Got some Christmas shopping done, but am holding off on most of it till Black Friday. Now that Miss KT is married, I have to take Hubby with me this year, and he is not thrilled. I love all the energy and people watching, though.

I'm fighting a cold, and hope it doesn't get any worse. Don't have a job scheduled till Friday, so I have some time to get over the sniffles and coughing before then.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

tiredmommy

Good morning, :coffee:

I'm sorry that I haven't been around more. The renovation has slowed until our flooring guy can get in the week of Thanksgiving. So, we have uneven flooring upstairs and trim work to do. But.... my brother in law and two nephews are visiting this weekend so the house must be presentable. I've got a lot of dust to get clean! Duckie is thrilled, though, because she can sleep upstairs and the bathroom is working. We're not crushed on top of one another anymore!!!

Have a great day! :warrior:

Good Morning,

KTMom91, Hope you're feeling better!

TM, Sounds like progress at last (in spite of uneven flooring upstairs)! I bet you'll never take a totally functioning bathroom for granted again, lol... I know I won't, that is if I make it through tomorrow with my mind still in tact. I'm really not complaining though - You've had it much, much worse than just having to have toilets replaced, shower faucets repaired. However, the shower faucet repair in both upstairs bathrooms might not be a simple fix. Really don't want to think about this so won't bore you with the details. Just keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow morning... Hope you get all that dusting done quickly, have a bit of time to yourself.

Today is another cold one here. The good news is that aside from a few flurries yesterday afternoon, no additional accumulation. Going to grab another cup of caffeine, put in a load of wash. I'm not sure how many hours I'll be without water tomorrow.

As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Thursday!

Super excited that today is Thursday because this week it is my Friday. Conferences are done (one at 3:15 today but since we are having an iep meeting before that will probably count). After school today we have difficult child's conference with his case manager. Then it is home and time to collapse in the chair!!

Wishing all a beautiful day!

Californiablonde

Good afternoon, everyone. We are having a heat wave here in Southern California and it's been in the eighties the last few days. I am jealous of those of you who are seeing snow! I am sick of the heat. I like my seasons. Fall is supposed to be cool so that's the way I like it. In my office they have kept the air conditioning going full blast the last couple of days and I've been freezing. I am just getting over being sick too so now my nose is back to running non stop when I'm at work. I know it's warm outside, but that's no reason to keep it ridiculously cold in the office. I am not the only one complaining. I am happy that the weather is supposed to be cooling down to the sixties by the time the weekend comes. In exactly two more weeks it's Thanksgiving. I am so looking forward to it!

InsaneCdn

We are having a heat wave here in Southern California and it's been in the eighties the last few days. I am jealous of those of you who are seeing snow!
I'll trade ya.
Significant accumulations of snow.
Icy roads.
Skating-rink-slick sidewalks.
Forecast: flurries or ice rain.

I'd take 80 degrees about now...

Californiablonde

I still envy you, InsaneCdn. I'm jealous because we don't see snow in Southern California. Northern California, yes, but not here in the south. Of course if I had it every day for months I'd probably be complaining, too, but it would be nice to see it every now and again during the winter.