3 Days Until My ESCAPE!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband and I are going to Vegas for our anniversary this weekend (19 years on the 7th). I got a promo offer for two free room nights and two free tickets to a show (Santana) that weekend so I jumped all over it! :D

My mom will stay with the kids and get them to their soccer games on Saturday. She is the ONLY person in both our families who consistently comes through for us with help like this. Don't know if my marriage would have survived this long without her!

I am SO ready for a break. difficult child 2 is still a handful as his afternoon medications just aren't holding him well enough. psychiatrist wants me to try a low dose of the Daytrana patch again before he increases the Seroquel XR (600mg bedtime/300mg lunchtime). I'm letting difficult child 2 try 10mg today to appease the psychiatrist. I already know what's going to happen -- he'll come home looking like he's had too much caffeine: jittery and tense. It just does not have the same effect on him like it used to. His brain has changed.

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad you get an escape soon. Moms (ours) can be great, can't they?

Isn't it a shame that sometimes we have to give in and appease the psychiatrists when we know our kid's brain has changed? I hope his afternoon isn't too wired.

Hugs,