3rd Grade Music Performance

M

ML

It started out to be an adorable performance. D looked so precious singing and dancing and playing his recorder. Then the interactive dancing started, the square dancing stuff where you sometimes dance as a couple and doesie doe etc. I watched while my son couldn't seem to find a partner on some of the dances. He just faked it and went up and down the lines alone. Only his family noticed, it was so chaotic.

Afterwards I couldn't resist asking his teacher and the music teacher if that happened often. I think they thought I was making a big deal out of nothing. Maybe I was, but it hurts to see your kid unable to assert himself enough to have a partner in a partner dance. On one of the dances his partner just stopped and started dancing with someone else and he kept telling the kid "you're supposed to be my partner". This happened right in front of where I was sitting. He was frustrated but too timid to make too big of a deal I guess.

I am just in a down mood now. I hope tomorrow is a better day. I'm in that anxiety place all of a sudden where I worry about everything that may (or may not happen) and it's so draining and awful.

Thank God tomorrow is Friday.

ML

How heart wrenching. :(

I am so sorry! here are some Bad Kitty hugs for you, and for him. I'm glad today is Friday too.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) =^..^=

janebrain

I'm so sorry and I can truly empathize. When I was in Kindergarten we had to do a dance around the Maypole with a partner. My partner ran off right in the middle and I felt so embarrassed and humiliated. Of course, once I was older I could laugh about it but it is a memory that has always stayed with me--I felt that it was my fault he ran off.
Hugs,
Jane

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
So sorry!!! Situations like those are truly painful and hurtful to witness! Sorry it was such a downer - :sad-very:sending ((HUGS))!