3rd Week of November Weekly Thread

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm enjoying my morning coffee, looking forward to a (hopefully) good day. It's a great feeling not to hear the constant drip of leaking faucets, toilets running, etc... Keeping my fingers crossed that all of our plumbing issues are now behind us...

The weekend flew by. As usual, lots of home improvement chores were on the agenda, surprisingly husband and I completed most of them. Had a nice dinner out Saturday evening, spent a lazy Sunday afternoon/evening watching football and the second to last episode of our favorite HBO show. I can't believe another season of it is almost over! Time flies!

Going to grab another cup of caffeine and get ready for a dental appointment. As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

SFR~ it sounds like you had a very pleasant weekend. I hope your appointment goes well.

My brother in law and nephews just left for the airport; the house is so quiet! We had a nice (& hectic) weekend visiting with family. Now I'm off to reclaim the house. lol!

Have a great day! :warrior:

Californiablonde

Good afternoon. It sounds like you both had a pleasant weekend. My wasn't so good. I was sick as a dog all weekend with a bad migraine. I don't know what was worse. The pain or the extreme nausea. I took SO out to dinner for his birthday on Saturday but I felt so sick I could barely enjoy it. Yesterday we went to his favorite sports bar and I was starting to feel better, then the pain hit me again out of nowhere. I woke up this morning finally feeling better. I almost don't want to say anything. I don't want to jinx myself! Anyway, hoping you all have a nice day and pleasant week.

LittleDudesMom

Recovering from a busy weekend here and trying to get on the other side of a bad cold -- it's the first time I've been sick in a couple years!

Wishing all a quiet evening. I think I'll go scramble a couple eggs for dinner….

*Sharon

KTMom91

Hi, ladies!

Hubby's been sick with a chest cold and I can't get him to go to the doctor. He goes to work but comes home early...did it again today. Hopefully today he'll go to Urgent Care.

Found Maddie's Christmas present last week...it's a 4 1/2 foot tall stuffed giraffe. Her mom told me not to get anything with little pieces to it, and when I saw the giraffe on a local site on FB, I fell in love. Miss KT wants one, too! Totally impractical, I know, but so cute!

We got the living room cleaned up and the heat on, so we're ready to set the tree up Thanksgiving weekend. I don't do any decorating till then. I AM one of those people who go out on Thanksgiving night, mainly to watch the people fight. I do a little shopping, but it's because I love the energy and the people watching. Hubby's balking at going with me this year...Miss KT always has, but she and her hubby are coming for Christmas instead of Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

LittleDudesMom

Mary, I'm debating about starting the decorating this weekend! Since Thanksgiving is a week later this year, I'm not sure I want to wait until next weekend….will need the kids help pulling everything out so maybe I can plan a family dinner and movie and get it done!!! Hope husband gets to the doctor today.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Decorating early for Christmas sounds like fun, however, with Thanksgiving guests coming I don't think we will get to it until Black Friday!

We have a cool start to our day-21 degrees but it is suppose to warm up nicely to 45:)

Mary-hope your husband is feeling better soon!

Good Wednesday Morning,

Hope everyone who's been sick is feeling much better!

Yesterday was very cold but the wind wasn't too bad. When it was time to walk my favorite sanity saver, I bundled up (two fleece jackets underneath a down one) and had every intention of just staying outside long enough for her to "go." However, she was in the mood to walk and we ended up walking for over an hour. Even though it was cold, it was a bright, sunny day and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually enjoyed the walk probably almost as much as she did.

After I warmed up inside, I felt energized and tackled the leaves (again). It's seems like an endless chore, no matter how much raking I do, they just seem to multiply... :autumn: However, we're having our new front door installed Saturday and I'm determined to have at least the front yard in good shape. I'm so excited! It'll be nice not knowing what the weather is like before opening the door! I think I'm going to decorate it with a Christmas wreath. I usually don't hang one until Thanksgiving but I'm just so happy we're finally getting that door installed! Life is good...

Going to get another cup of coffee. As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

SuZir

Good Evening!

Weather forecast from this corner of the world: Dark, dark, dark, rain, wet, mud. Currently it's not that dark from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., if we are lucky and it is not raining. If it is raining, then it is dark all day. I'm desperately waiting for snow and lightness it brings. But no such luck at least for a week, I think.

We are also having a house guest who really hadn't anticipated darkness like this even though he was warned. difficult child's former flat mate, a Californian boy, is staying with us for ten days. He was told to look for new team and difficult child suggested him to look for our minor league teams and he did and was offered a try-out by one quite close to us but without pay or accommodation during the try-out period. So difficult child asked us if we could have him for that time. We have room and thought having him would be a good opportunity for easy child to hone his verbal English skills a little bit, so it sounded like a good plan to us. Well-mannered and polite kid, if still bit lost with some practical life skills, so having him here is a pleasure. Even if he is a little shell shocked over darkness.

He is having his first game of his try-out today so we are heading to watch that. His start of the season in difficult child's team was rather rough for him so wish him some luck!

It has also lately hit me that there is only month till Christmas and I have absolutely no gifts for anyone yet. And should start to write Christmas cards, clean and bake. And not feeling like any of that in this darkness. I absolutely need some snow already!

InsaneCdn

SuZir, I will NOT trade, but... if I could ship you half our snow, I would. :D
We're not quite as dark yet, but I know what you mean.

Californiablonde

Happy Wednesay afternoon. SFR~I am glad you were able to enjoy a nice long walk with your doggie. I miss my dog and our walks we used to take.
Suzir~Don't feel bad about the shopping. Every year I wait till about a week beforehand and buy all my gifts. I usually have to wait till my big paycheck, which comes about a week before Christmas so I am always a last minute shopper. I plan to get the decorating started early this year, though.

I think the flu bug has hit our house. This past weekend I was super sick with what I assumed was a migraine. The pain started on Friday morning before work and no amount of medications were helping. I also had horrible nausea and could barely eat. I never did throw up, but always felt like I had to, and I was miserable. I thought it was a migraine, but then difficult child started getting a bad headache after school yesterday. Tylenol did nothing for her pain, and then the vomiting started around midnight.

She finally fell asleep around 3:30 in the morning after several bouts of throwing up. Both of us got barely an hour of sleep. When I was getting ready for work this morning, she woke up and started throwing up again. I think my migraine was really the stomach flu and I passed it on to her. Mine lasted three days. I hope poor difficult child doesn't have to suffer that long, and I really hope easy child doesn't get it. Hopefully by tonight difficult child is feeling better and we can all catch up on some rest.