4.75 good days in a row.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I just got this week's "log" from SpEd teacher.

Friday thru Wednesday, difficult child was great at school (I was with him twice, but that's kinda irrelevent). Today, I had told him if he had a good day, we'd go get a special treat.

Today, due to the IEP meeting, wee difficult child had subs for both the mainstream teacher and the SpEd teacher. The mainstream sub, an older gentleman, had the kids work on a project for mother's day and pretty much let the kids run wild. The para noted several times that the chaos and noise level were straining difficult child, and he finally agreed to leave the room to work, after having already self-calmed 3 times. After leaving, he was unable to regain his focus and was agitated, so he did end up having a tantrum...BUT...he did not make any threats, his anger was directed at himself, several times during the tantrum, he would yell at himself "Why can't you just do what you're supposed to do?" and then answer himself "I don't know! I hate myself! I don't like to live like this!" And the tantrum was very, very short lived.

The rest of the day, after the tantrum, was excellent.

We all agreed he earned his reward!

Good, good news!

trinityroyal

Yay difficult child!
Even during a meltdown, he managed to keep himself under control to a certain extent.

I'm very very impressed. I agree, he did earn his reward.