4-H function today, prayers and vibes please.

crazymama30

So we have exhausted about every sport (except boxing. Not going there.:faint:). They just this year have started an archery 4-h club. difficult child has shot a bow a few times, is actually not to bad at it, but of course if you ask him he is an expert and knows everything. His 1st club meeting is in the next few weeks, but today they are having what is called a 4-H idea fair. It runs from 9am to 3 or 4pm, and every hour you go to a class and learn about say archery, making a cookie mix in a jar, the anatomy of the horse, dog, pig or whatever. easy child has been in dog 4-H for 3 years, so her, I and difficult child (gulp) are all going. I think difficult child is pretty anxious. He wanted to go, but then did not want to go as he would miss his favorite cartoon. We finally convinced him that husband will record the cartoon, so he is in agreement to go again. I really want to find something for him to get involved in. Sports have not been it, so maybe this route will work? I am not sure. I will be there, albeit in different classes. difficult child does get intimidated by others, and so if I am not there he will be a bit more mellow, and hopefully not argue with everything. I hope that is what happens. I am really kinda nervous about this, so any bead rattling or prayers or good vibes would sure be appreciated.

tiredmommy

Prayers being said... I hope difficult child finds something that works for him. Most of the more happy and successful difficult child's from this site have found something they really enjoy or have been able to express a talent. Keep trying if 4H doesn't help.

DDD

been there done that and you are receiving mega hugs and a few prayers PLUS rattling beads that all goes well. Boy I hope something "clicks" and he is able to blend in and focus on something fun as well. DDD

DammitJanet

Hope he enjoys 4-H. We were involved with their groups for several years with poultry, goats, and summer camps. My boys really loved it.

crazymama30

:smug:It went awesome!! He made cookie mix in a jar, went to a class on making a lavender sachet(and thought it was cool) made a snowman out of a sock, listened to a talk on hunting dogs, and something else too that I forgot. Of course this was after the 1hr meltdown that happened before and on the way, I even pulled off the road on the way there he was so annoying. He was freaking out about missing one cartoon(even though husband recorded it for him), but I think it was really about anxiety. He still has bald spots on his head, and gets so self conscious even though they are very small.

Of course he and easy child fought any time they saw each other, mainly lunch, but by the end of the day they were getting along.

The archery class he wanted to do was full and he got his second choice there, but we will still see about getting him in the archery club. I am not mentioning it now, as he does not want to as according to him 4-H is only on Saturdays, and then he will miss his beloved Bakugon. I really do not get why I have to drag him kicking and screaming (literally) places to have a good time as soon as he arrives. I sure feel pretty mean, but at the same time I don't want him to just hole up in the house. He needs to learn that new things can be fun.

So thanks for the prayers and vibes, they worked.

crazymama30

:smug:It went awesome!! He made cookie mix in a jar, went to a class on making a lavender sachet(and thought it was cool) made a snowman out of a sock, listened to a talk on hunting dogs, and something else too that I forgot. Of course this was after the 1hr meltdown that happened before and on the way, I even pulled off the road on the way there he was so annoying. He was freaking out about missing one cartoon(even though husband recorded it for him), but I think it was really about anxiety. He still has bald spots on his head, and gets so self conscious even though they are very small. He also does not like the unkown, and if he is not sure what is going on then he acts out.

Of course he and easy child fought any time they saw each other, mainly lunch, but by the end of the day they were getting along.

The archery class he wanted to do was full and he got his second choice there, but we will still see about getting him in the archery club. I am not mentioning it now, as he does not want to as according to him 4-H is only on Saturdays, and then he will miss his beloved Bakugon.

I really do not get why I have to drag him kicking and screaming (literally) places to have a good time as soon as he arrives. I sure feel pretty mean, but at the same time I don't want him to just hole up in the house. He needs to learn that new things can be fun.

So thanks for the prayers and vibes, they worked.

TerryJ2

LOL!

That's great!

So sorry I didn't see this until now. I'm so glad it went well. That makes EVERYBODY happy!