45 days!

toughlovin

So my son posted that it has been 45 days since he has had a drink! We have been on vacation and had a wonderful trip. We came back and talked to him and he still sounds good.... Still in the program but in the step down house which is all good. He is looking at sober living but wants a place close so that he can continue with the support! He is recovering from his operation and so seems to be doing pretty well! A part of me feels a little nervous because I dont have my eyes on him but he sounds positive and his FB post is positive so all that is good.

Those of you who are feeling disheartened by the roller coaster ride, take heart.... I have so been there and but this time things still sound and feel different.

toughlovin

he had a hernia that needed surgery. I was worried about the pain medications but he went to their detox so they could manage the mess which they did...then switched him to ibuprofen which he is off of now too.

Childofmine

one day at a time
I am so glad tl. It can happen. Fingers crossed and prayers for continuing progress...not perfection...but progress.

And I hope you are starting to reclaim your life as well.

Just so glad.

toughlovin

Wow wow wow.... i got another call from him today. He is talking to them about staying in the PHP housing as his sober living, doing IOP in the mornings, going to meetings at night and looking for a job in the afternoon!! Have no idea if this will work but he is clearly trying to figure out how to stay near by so he can continue with the support. And one of the people there approached him and told him when he has 6 months clean time they would offer him a job!! Wow. I know a lot of treatment programs do hire people in recovery for staff.... and he is talking about trying to get his certificate in addictions counseling!!! He feels pretty good about all of this.... so yes I am still guarded but no matter what happens this feels amazing!