5 year old difficult child out of control and now in the hospital for the second time this month

Lori25

I don't know what to do with him or how to help him!! I have a 4 (almost 5), and 3 & 1/2 yr/o at home as well as my 5 yr/o (almost 6yrs) who's always hurting them. Im trying to get a proper diagnosis for him, but have little hope, Ive been taking him to DR's since before he was 2 yrs!! I just need to find parents who can understand what I'm dealing with. Thanks!

T

TeDo

Well then, you've come to the right place. Can you give us more information about him? What kinds of issues got you to start seeing doctors at such a young age? What kinds of doctors have you seen? What types of behavior are you struggling with?

You will be amazed at the wealth of information these wise warrior parents can provide...not to mention the unending support from parents who have seen, done, and been through it all. Welcome to our little corner of the world.

C

Confused

Lori25,
I completely understand about the hurting the other child issue (even themselves and us in my case) and trying to get help! Yes, as TeDo asked, please, do tell us more, examples of what happens. Before, during and after the issues. What have the Dr's said? Hugs! Keep journals!

B

Bunny

Mine are 12 (almost 13) and 8, and I know exactly what you are saying about trying to prevent the difficult child from hurting the others. I've been there, done that.

Please tell us more about your son.