8 days until lock-out

JJJ

The clock is counting. We have 8 days until we will be locking Kanga out :(

We have DCFS working with us to try and find a placement for her before then. I have a meeting with a clinical supervisor on Monday to confirm funding for Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I have 4 applications for RTCs ready to go to FedEx in the morning. Three have already told me they have a 60-90 day waiting list. The 4th has open beds but the woman that knows if they are on hold for any other girls won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. I'm praying so hard that there really is a bed open, the funding will be acceptable to them and that we can get Kanga moved there before the clock ticks to zero on her current placement.

Her comments are getting scarier and scarier. She is becoming more dangerous, not less :( :( :(

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Triple J,

Will be keeping all body parts crossed that something comes together soon. You've got the wording you need for the grant - now it becomes a waiting game. A nerve wracking one at that.

Don't you have a mental health case manager who can give you a hand with some of this?

Once again, sending out prayers & good thoughts to you & your entire family this morning.

JJJ

UPdate:

Grant application sent UPS today. I found a place that will take her for the next 21 day block but for the low, low cost of $3,500. Now I need DCFS to agree to pay it.

All other RTCs are 30-120 day waiting list. Most are around 60 days. But, she has to interview for them. That should go well :laugh:

So on Monday:

(1) DCFS will agree to pay $3,500 for the next 21-days.

(2) DCFS will agree to take 60-day temporary custody of her.

(3) We will start dependency proceedings.

(4) DCFS will have another option.

(5) We will be 4 days from lock-out :furious: :whiteflag:

GinAndTonic

I'm sorry, but I'm new here. Can you explain what you mean by locking her out? (Or if someone can point me to a relevant thread, I'd appreciate it.)

Whatever it is, it sounds stressful and awful. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

JJJ

Hi Gin,

A lock-out is refusing to pick your child up when she is discharged from the hospital/group home/etc. It results in a call to Child Protective Services and a neglect investigation. It is very scary but in some cases very necessary to keep everyone safe.