A beautiful day

JJJ

Piglet and Tigger both missed making their First Holy Communion when they were 7 and they were both in the classes this year. Today was the day. My mom was a nervous wreck. She kept picturing Tigger having a meltdown in front of a packed church.

I am very, very proud to say that both Piglet and Tigger were awesome. They walked perfectly down the aisle, got on the altar with the other kids and performed their song, and generally behaved wonderfully all day. Eeyore also kept it together.

Thankfully, we took all the pictures before the ceremony because Tigger's hair didn't last :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Congratulations to them both! :D husband is Catholic, so we had all three of ours go through this, too. difficult child 2's mood disorder had not yet made itself known, but I can certainly imagine the anxiety I would have had if he'd gone through the ceremony at age 10 or 11!!!

How nice that the whole family had such a wonderful day! :D

tiredmommy

What a wonderful memory! :thumbsup:

Our (small) parish doesn't have formal classes or a lower age limit on when children can begin to receive so Duckie was four years old. She announced, after the wafer was placed in her mouth, "So that's what skin tastes like!.

I could have crawled under a rock.

Wiped Out

Staff member
JJJ,
Congrats to both of them!!:) How cool they are done with their thank you notes! I remember when difficult child made his first communion. We took him out of the psychiatric hospital for the day and he made it in the chapel on a Friday night during Mass-barely anyone else there. When difficult child was done he went back to the priest and asked for seconds!