a gift from the bus driver??

babybear

Yesterday difficult child's bus driver came to the door to give me a Christmas present. She said that it was for difficult child and that she had to wait until christmas to open it. Hmmm, ok a little odd, we never had that happen before.

Then I look at the unwrapped box. It's an industrial size box of candy canes.
:smile:

240 candy canes to be exact. I peeked hoping it was being reused as a box. Nope, candy canes!!

My entire family couldn't eat that much candy in a whole year.

What's up with that? Does she hate me?? I don't get it, not at all.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OK I am sorry but that just gave me the giggles thinking of the look I would have on my face with that. I don't get it either but it is funny.

Sorry
Beth

Lothlorien

Is she masochistic???? If I gave my kids candy canes, they'd be bouncing off of the walls....literally.

It's an odd gift for sure, but maybe she mighta mentioned that she liked candy canes and she's trying to get on her good side?

witzend

How odd! How old is the driver? They are often retired people. My dad drove bus for about 5 years before he turned 65 so he could get health insurance. I know my grandmother had alzheimer's or something like it and began exhibiting symptoms when she was only 50.

Have you asked difficult child about her gut feelings about the bus driver? I mean is the driver being overly attentive or anything?

tiredmommy

Duckie's bus driver and aide each gave her a simple gift today (an ornament and a snowman-shaped pad of paper with-a pen respectively). They also each sent a thank you note for the homemade cookie plates we gave them as gifts. I don't think giving a gift is necessarily a bad thing or cause for suspicion. Although I think 240 candy canes is a bit much. The fact that she brought it to the door says she may feel difficult child is a great kid and wanted to get her a little something, but maybe couldn't do that for all the kids on the bus.

meowbunny

Um, it's the thought that counts?

If she only has a few kids she picks up, she may have done it just to be kind or hoping for a nice gift in return -- kind of like the Christmas card from the newspaper lady in my neck of the woods.