A Good Day! Baby Steps!!

troubledheart

Just an update that my son had a good day today at school. Mind you, he was in the EBD room all day, but he was fine. Did very well, not one problem at all. (I am doing a little dance in my head). Maybe they will see how much better he does in there, than in the "regular" classes!

Baby steps.....that is what I keep saying to myself. I am in the middle of writing up a "History of......" It is sad, reliving all those terrible times for him. But when I am done, wow.....so much easier to journal!!

slsh

member since 1999
So glad he had a good day. And good for you, getting to work on that history. Will make life much easier for you.

One day at a time, right? ;) But boy, those good days sure are appreciated! Hope he's proud of himself too!

Jena

I love good stories. That's great. You are so right it really all breaks down to baby steps!!!

I"m happy that your son had a good day also. I dont' know the history i haven't followed the posts, yet it sounds like reg ed classroom wasn't the way to go for him and you probably had to do a whole lotta warrior mom work to get him what he needed. :)

troubledheart

Definately warrior mom......somedays! We have our IEP meeting on Monday....we will see how far I get in requesting that he stay in the EBD room for the rest of the year (2 weeks) and the beginning of 7th grade! It is either that or they are going to have to give him a full time aide!

I am ready for the weekend.....hoping today is a good day too!