A good friend came to visit

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
me this past Saturday. She & I used to work together (ok, I was her supervisor ~ we ended up good friends) @ MPR.

She came over to see the end result of my remodel & spend time here just taking a breather from 3 kids & a chance to talk. While we were discussing art for some reason I got very teary.

J was soo understanding & her words to me stood out; something I will remember.

"Linda, you've been thru a trial of fire & those tears I consider to be holy water."

I feel blessed to have that one friend left (here in town) with such wisdom & words of comfort. I may cross stitch that & hang it in my bedroom.

AND it applies to many of us here.

crazymama30

TL, I think I am feeling that way right now. Your friend is very wise. Many of us have been through so many different trials, some similiar some different but all equally different.

I am glad you had a good visit with your friend. Sometimes it is very strange things that trigger sadness and memories.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Linda,

When you find a friend like that? Hold her tight and let her know how much you love her - often. Wish I could reach out and give you a huge hug ---or just let you cry for as long as you needed to. Tears and crying are the bodies way of releasing natural endorphines that allow us to work things out and calm ourselves. Before I left my x and for a time after? I had not cried, not one single tear in nearly 11 years.

(sends case of kleenex with aloe) I'm glad you were given an opportunity to have a good cry.

Hugs & Love
(your white rose is very pretty - ) :D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda

You're very lucky to have such a friend. She's a wise woman. I'm glad you two were able to get together and enjoy each other's company. :)

Hugs

klmno

What a nice thing to say! I'm glad you got the break and had a nice visit. by the way- I love your new avatar!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm almost old enough to be J's mother, but we clicked immediately.

Her mother is seriously mentally ill so when the tweedles began their antics J wasn't scared or put off. She continued to be a part of our lives (when her schedule allowed with her husband & 3 kids). I taught her to cook a turkey dinner for T'giving & make Christmas cookies. She taught me a great deal of patience & acceptance for my tweedles.

Thank you all for your replies. (I like my new avatar as well; can't remember where I found it.)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Linda, nothing can replace a good friend. I'm so happy she stopped to see you. She sounds very caring and wise.

Abbey