A good visit!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt & wm had their first visit together since the holidays this afternoon.

We went out to group home with PCA in tow for kt. husband & I visited with foster mum & dad while the tweedles played games together. wm was very appropriate with kt, as was kt toward wm. We walked to the park but got caught in a thunder storm. That was good in one way in that kt & wm need a more "contained" setting for visiting.

When kt & wm started to whine & argue with one another, foster mum reminded wm that he was "the host" of this visit. She also let kt & wm know that they needed to compromise on what game they would play next. PCA stayed in the background & only stepped in when kt was showing signs of agitation.

The visit lasted an hour!!! :thumb:

Our next visit will be in a month - by that time, it will be warm enough to have a picnic (hopefully). In the meantime, there will be a couple of kt/wm therapeutic appts with Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) workers.

Whew....that's done - first big visit since kt's transitioned home from Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

Having said all that clinical stuff, I enjoyed sitting back & watching my children play together. :warrior: :smile:

everywoman

Good news. I'm hoping they can one day develop a bond that goes beyond just being born at the same time and suffering together. The more good memories they have of each other, the more they have to build on.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I loved reading this post! :princess:I hope there are many more positive visits ahead. :princess: I'm sure the visit did your mommy heart good :thumb:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Linda, what a hopeful post. I hope things start to turn around for the kids. You have one visit down, now to work on the next one. Yay!!! :bravo: </span>

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It really was nice to have the entire family together again - it had been so long. I'm hoping this is the start of something good.

Thanks ladies.

busywend

I am very happy for you, husband, kt & wm! It is time for good things to happen in the tweedle family!

Maybe mom is watching over you all now!