A Great Moment for my AS Son!/ Support, Please

KateM

My son wrote and "stars" in an anti- commercial that has been chosen to be in a competition. This is right up his alley, as he is so against smoking. It also shows other elements of AS, as he doesn't make eye-contact in the video -- but this actually works in this with the character he is. He loves acting, too.

Through the years, he has many special interests, such as Star Wars, James Bond, Titanic, etc. In this commercial, he incorporates this year's interest.

KateM

Thanks! Yes, I'm happy for him!

The prize for winning is the commercial will be aired on MTV. While my son, never the "typical" teen, isn't into MTV (he's a jazz fan), he loves the idea of publicity for special education and Aspergers.

tiredmommy

C'mon, let's show everyone the power of the board, ladies! It's a great video with a great message! Get out there and vote!!!!

'Chelle

Way to go! Looks like a wonderful commercial. I'll have to watch it again from home and vote there later - don't have sound here on the work computer.

Marguerite

I'm still waiting for it to load.

Our family's recent experience with this sort of thing - it was really good for difficult child 3. The other two had already had film experience (and got paid for it!) but it's highly unlikely they'll ever make a career out of it. Still, it's especially interesting for Aspies because they see the process of how things like this are made and they also enhance their study of human behaviour.

I'll vote for it, once I've seen it. I doubt I'll be able to look at all the others for comparison, given the time it's taking for us. So my vote IS biased!

Marg

KateM

You guys are the best!! Thanks so much!

Being so small, they're a long shot -- but these guys appreciate each and every vote.

TerryJ2

Congratulations!!!! I got the audio but not the visual. I'll try again tomorrow. Either way, it's very cool.