A Heads up for MTV Juvies....

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Someone had posted earlier about this show and thought I would let you know its on tonight. The times in midwest(we are on Eastern time) are 9pm and 10pm. Looks like the newest show is also on at 5pm thru my service provider. I finally figured out the show was taped in Lake County, Indiana. It is on MTV so you may need more than "basic" cable or dish to see it....

DDD

Have you guys seen all these nifty little post dolollies. Wow, I think it is BOLD !
MTV shows Juvie in repeats alot so it's not hard to catch. Many of us will recognize the attitudes.
The facility shown is newer etc. than the Tri-County juvie detention center for our teens and the
population is lower. The handcuffs and ankle chains....if you've been there done that it will bring tears to your
eyes.

I'm not sure it would have a prevention impact on difficult child's. difficult child's don't think they are like other kids.
They are "not dumb like those kids". Sigh. DDD

Sue C

DDD -- Melissa watched the Juvies show one day, and I caught most of it. She says to me, "That's not what REAL jail is like. Real jail is not as bad as what they're showing here." I told her, "Melissa, this is only juvie jail. Adult jail is much worse!" She didn't believe it. I think she thinks jail would be fun or a vacation or something. She told me that when she was in the mental health hospital years ago for the 2 weeks that she thought it was FUN and would have liked to stay longer.

Sue