A Heartening Update

tiredmommy

I posted about a struggling teenager in my community some four years ago. She had moved here from down under and was living with her mum, step-father and half-brother. She was skipping school, sneaking out and doing who-knows-what. Her mother was beside herself. She really had a hard time adjusting to life here and missed her family and friends in Australia terribly. A lot has happened since then.

She's 19 years old now. She graduated (on time) in June 2009. She decided to put off college and started her own cleaning business. She stopped partying and running with the troublesome crowd. But she still missed Australia terribly.

I ran into her mother this evening and she let me know that the family went for a visit last winter and her daughter decided to stay. She has started university and works with children with behavior disorders. And she is apparently very gifted at working with these kids because she understands them.

It made me smile. :)

Marguerite

Good news! Chances are, with easy child 2/difficult child 2's interest in Special Education and her studies in child care, they may even cross paths.

Marg