A Joyful Circle of Support for Timer Lady

tiredmommy

as she's makes her final preparations for her recital this afternoon. I've reserved the first several rows of seating for her virtual friends to cheer her on! :warrior:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh goodie! I will be sure to wear my best jeans for the concert. Good luck, Linda!

Suz :princess:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
You're all to good to me! :smile:

TM, no stress knowing that the first several rows will be filled with favorite people!

Thanks, Loth.

Suz, respect for the musician, please. At least wear black jeans! :rofl:

I really appreciate this thread. Piano has been a long time dream of mine - my best therapy over the last year.

Today's "debut" will be a new, exciting direction for me. I'm oddly relaxed & calm about today.

Thanks ladies, I'll look out in the audience this afternoon & see all your smiling faces! :smile:

donna723

Good luck Linda. I know you'll be wonderful!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :rolleyes: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

You won't see us, but we'll all be there cheering you on!

tiredmommy

You should be calm. I believe Martie has agreed to , umm, detain, (yeah detain!) the six year old prodigy until after your performance. I have no idea what she has planned but I hear she has some experience with young musical prodigies! :hypnosis:

skeeter

just remember:

If you make a mistake - that's your interpretation of the song
If you make the same mistake twice - that's improvisation
If you make it three times - you're playing jazz!!!!

And, if you DO make a mistake, don't smile, cringe, nod, or show any emotion, and no one will notice you have. That's why husband and I play as a duo, when one of us makes a mistake, we will look at the OTHER person with a "what did you just play?" expression on our face. Of course, it is ALWAYS husband's fault!!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
TM, we have to find a way to "squash" that 6 year old. :hypnosis: I'm glad Martie is on board with that - at 50, I hate some little twit of a kid making me look stupid. kt & wm do it enough - it's an insult when a easy child kid does it to me! :rofl:

Ladies, plan on staying for drinks & refreshments afterwards. There will be board members & school donors there to feed & water. They are willing to share. :rofl:

:smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Many hugs Linda. Hope it is as wonderful as you expect. What a great way to grow as a person.

Martie

Skeeter's advice is great. Keep on truckin' no matter what. Play for yourself and, by the way, I have no experience with six year olds--ex-difficult child did not start lessons until 7.

However, I did take pains to make sure he was "into himself" and not the size of the other performers when he moved from the beginner end of the order to the oldest end by the time he was 9. I hope all highly talented children are as modest as MrNo was (and is.)

Always remember that no matter how good a prodigy is, you're taller LOLOLOLLOL

Have a great day and break a leg.

Martie

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Is it appropriate to say, "Break A Leg"? If so, Break A Leg! If not, OOOOPS :blush:
Best of Luck and Enjoy. We'll be cheering for you. :bravo:

Peace

Coookie

Linda,

Sending you luck and love. Sorry I can't be there..things are a little deranged around here right now but you will be in my thoughts.

Hugs

Martie

Well, you DON'T say, "Good luck," suggesting the performer needs luck rather than talent, careful preparation, and a wonderful audience in the first three rows!

Martie

KateM

Linda, So good that you found another outlet -- I'm sure golfing in Minnasota is a wee bit chilly this time of year!

I'm looking forward to the concert and an after- recital party! Have a wonderful time and know we are all cheering you on!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sending a dozen cyberroses for the performance, aw what the heck make that 6 dozen.....

I shall be wearing my most formal wear with my five carat diamond earrings and my 3 inch spike heels.....yeah, right.

Good luck!! :bravo: