A 'lil update

tiredmommy

What a difference a week makes! Duckie is still sick but her peak flow numbers are slowly bouncing back. She didn't have any problems today at school (and avoided "B" from my previous post ;) ), sat with some nicer kids at lunch and had no drama. She wants to have a short play date tomorrow with her bff so she worked ahead on her homework; completing spelling through Wednesday. She also did her math and hand-writing homework and read her accelerated reader. All this took a very cheerful hour for her to complete.

The difference is amazing! :thumbsup:

tiredmommy

It's a relief! It's like The Tale of Two Duckies around here, or that nursery rhyme:

There once was a girl who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good she was very, very good.
But when she was bad she was horrid!

:rofl:

busywend

Probably a combination of feeling better and wanting the playdate.

Good for Duckie! And you!

Hope things continue on the upswing.

tiredmommy

Well, I kept Duckie home yesterday. She was up coughing from her cold a good part of the night so she probably would have been too tired to get anything out of the day. She was very pleasant: did her math homework, her handwriting homework, read her new accelerated reader and both library books. She did her chores and helped make dinner. We put out the trash on Wednesday evenings; I usually pull out the cans and she pulls out the recycling bins. Well, I threw my back out again on Tuesday so she decided to take care of it all.

She also apologized for being such a pita last week and said she likes it better when we work together as a family.

We'll see how long it lasts this time, lol! :winks: