A little good news...

LauraH

My son is still at the recovery home going on two or three weeks now. He got tested today and tested clean. He's also getting his 60 day chip on Monday!! Granted he's been clean in controlled environments where he had no choice...detox and rehab...and the semi-controlled environment of the recovery home. But still...big YAY!!! I'm so proud of him for making it as far as he has.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
That is great news Laura!

You probably already do this but I STILL have to continue to tell my son that I am PROUD of him. It's exhausting at times because he's only doing what he SHOULD HAVE DONE all along but if that's what he needs and it helps him, then I'll do it.

200Meters

A real bustard
Progress is measured in increments. To use a local analogy, even the pyramids started with one brick. This is good news.

Good luck for the future.

LauraH

That is great news Laura!

You probably already do this but I STILL have to continue to tell my son that I am PROUD of him. It's exhausting at times because he's only doing what he SHOULD HAVE DONE all along but if that's what he needs and it helps him, then I'll do it.

I do but I also have to be cautious. For some reason, since he was little, praise from me seems to make him stop doing the praise-worthy behavior and engage in negative behavior. But yes indeed when he told me about getting his 60 day chip I told him I was so happy to hear that and how proud I was of him.