A little kissing up...hopefully goes a long way!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I baked a couple dozen cookies and hand delivered a thank you card to the School and the Special Services Building... I let them know that we appreciated them taking the time to help us through all of this and the fact that they care about our daughter's education as much as us...

I recieved hugs, a phone call, many thanks you's, and was told that we have been the best parents to work with!!!! TEE HEE!!! SMOOCH!!!

I am glad I did it... and I think they really appreciated it and have never had a parent do this before...

I figured we are trying to be in this for the long haul, I am gonna s-uck up and do what I can!!!

I specifically went to the head of special services... she gave me the hug and a tear!!!

SRL

Nice touch! I've taken in goodies like warm chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake bars and iced tea to IEP meetings. They always seem appreciative.

For years now I've been taking our elementary teachers a nice dinner one night of the year to take home for their families. Usually I do it the last day before winter break but that's varied when needed. Most are teachers with 20+ years and no one has ever done it for them-they're flabergasted and I've seen tears more than once.

I probably would have done it anyways, but it's paid off for difficult child to build good relationships.

PS One individually wrapped Godiva truffle at Valentine's Day works too.