A lovely day....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I have to share .... husband woke me early to "feed" me my medications & then let me sleep for another 3 or 4 hours. When I woke again husband asked me to get showered & dressed ~ we were going out.

He wouldn't tell me where or give any details. Casual dress was fine (which is all I own right now).

husband headed to the local mall to get his glasses adjusted, then we wandered about a bit. He had to pick up a cable for his cell phone. Fine. He bought me a double latte & we wandered about until he led me to a jewelery store.

Ladies, he bought me a new wedding band :kisses:. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring since last November. husband did all the research & had picked out a couple of bands he thought I would like before we got there. The sales lady worked with him & got him the best deal she could. She was a real sweet heart. When husband put the ring on my finger she took a picture of the two of us.

After that husband took me out to a lovely late lunch. We're home for the rest of the weekend - I'm painting, husband is busy working on a newsletter he needs to get out. Later we'll play a game of maj jong if I don't fall asleep first.

Either way, it's been a lovely day. Not because of the ring, but because of the time spent together alone. Relaxing, quiet time. Time spent talking & enjoying each other's company. :couple:

dreamer

That sounds so sweet. Glad you had a nice day. I am afraid by the time me and my husband finally have our next minute alone together we might both be so shocked we won;t know what to say or do or how to act, LOL.
I am so happy for you, glad you went----how exciting about the new ring!

susiestar

Roll With It
How truly beautiful. Isn't it amazingly wonderful to know your husband loves you, no matter what?? Clearly your does. Your husband is a true MAN.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Hugs to both of you,

Susie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a thoughtful and wonderful husband, Linda. What a wonderful day. I'm really happy for you- it's been such a long time since I've read a smile in your posts. It's lovely!

Suz

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My husband has grown in the last 2 years - since he went into rehab. He's the man I married almost 20 years ago.

Yesterday was just as quiet & delightful.

husband & I have been through all the good, bad & indifferent times. There have been times when I would have left - he would have left. I always recall the promise we made so many years ago, as does husband. The slate gets wiped clean (after whatever it takes) & we move on.

We spoke of being at the beginning of a new phase of our marriage. Even though we still have tweedles to raise & get out on their own, we've learned, for the most part to detach from their chaos, & concentrate on being a marriage, then parent centered home. Not a child centered home. It has helped the health of our home life tremendously.

Thank you all - I plan on many more days like Saturday. by the way, never did get in our game of mah jong.