A medical billing vent and caution

svengandhi

Nancy -

I have had RA since the late 70's and I have never tested positive for Rheumatoid factor. I was diagnosed clinically and since I have responded to RA treatments over the years, they doctors consider the diagnosis confirmed.

I am hopeful that the new health care bill will help with a lot of the issues we are currently having with coverage. At the very least, I am relieved that I can keep my kids on my coverage till they are 26.

Nancy

Oh no 3S it was at home when it happened, I just remember being in Vegas during it and how the pool made it feel batter. I was nervous about going to Vegas because I was having a hard time walking.

Nancy

I won't ever go out of network either. My foot surgery was $15,000 and I only paid $850 because it was in network. Isn't that a crime?

flutterby

Fly away!
No blood test is ever definitive for anything. In fact, only 80% of people with RA test positive for the rheumatoid factor.

Regarding the x-rays, when an x-ray for a hand or knee or foot or whatever is made, unless otherwise specified it includes multiple x-rays of that body part. They have to get different angles to be able to see everything.