A new baby

everywoman

easy child princess had her first child last Saturday. He was born at 30 weeks and 4 days and weighed 2.8 lbs. They are both doing great. She is out of the hospital, and he had moved from NICU to a special care nursery, They expect to be able to take out his IV and remove the CPaP this week.

Scent of Cedar *

One of my nieces, now nearing thirty herself, came into the world too soon too, and she grew up to be a bright, funny, happy, absolutely beautiful woman.

I cannot remember the exact birth weight. It was just over two pounds I think, but I cannot remember the exact figures.

This same niece gave birth too early to her own little girl. That child also was low two pound birthweight. Two or so months into it, the baby was sent home from NICU even though she just seemed frail. (It has been about five years now, and my recollection of exact dates and weights and so on is fuzzy.) Over time, she grew stronger. Then, she began to grow. BOOM, she caught up to and surpassed her peer group when she was around three years.

And that is that.

She is five now, and as cute and strong and bright and loving a child as there ever was.

I wanted you to know that.

Three times, this has happened in my family and each time, the child has grown and thrived and been just fine.

The third child is my own granddaughter. Yep. The now twenty-one year old purveyor of the War of the Grandma's Baklava.

She was just over two pounds when she was born, too.

And she is one of the brightest, most beautiful, and loveliest people I know.

:O)

Cedar

BusynMember

OH HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also am a newish grandmother...precious baby girl who is seven months old and I love the patooties out of her (is t hat a word?)

Your grand will grow and thrive and be just fine. Medicine is wonderful. Congrats to you and yours!