A new home

susiestar

Roll With It
I have finally found a new home for our cockatiel. Two years ago I was done with her. No one else was caring for her and I just couldn't do it.

But husband and Jessie and Wiz were so upset that I backed down. I also only had 3 people interested and one was not ready for a pet and the other 2 were hoarders as per our humane society.

Goldi is a cockatiel and she bites. She and Freckles (our cat) were bffs. They slept together, right up against the cage bars. When Freckles died Goldi just seemed to stay depressed. It has gotten worse lately.

So I posted on Freecycle because our group is quite cohesive and caring. I had lots of replies and one family sounded right.

I had Jessie read teh responses and she said the same thing, though I hadn't told her which one I was thinking of.

They are a retired couple raising a grandson. They have cats (a must for a new home for goldi) who are older and not hunters. They lost a bird a year ago. It also bit, so they knew what they were getting.

They sound really lovely. It is a huge weight off of my shoulders. I am sending the cage, toys, everything.

Just another development in our home.

thank you is out of town with my mom. I will tell Wiz tomorrow and thank you when he gets home. They are waiting until Tues to get Goldi, so that thank you can say goodbye. They even said they would let the kids come see her if tehy wanted.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Susie...I'm sure that must have been hard albiet the right thing to do. I've been trying to convince H to do the same with the 2 birds we rescued. I love them to death, but when you entire day revolves around them...you have to take a step back and look at things.

I had been gone for almost 2 months. I told H one of the strangest things to get used to was not having to tip-toe around the house in the morning not waking the birds. It was like...wow...it's quiet!! And, it's clean!!!

Maybe I can have you do an intervention with him. ;)

On to a new life for your birdie. Your family will just have to deal with it.

Abbey

lovemysons

Sus,
Thats wonderful that you found some loving folks to care for your cockatiel.

Now, if only I could find a good home for my easy child's cat...we're going to have to find a nice home for her in this next year.

Hugs and love to you,
Tammy

susiestar

Roll With It
Tammy, if nothing else I might be able to help with the cat. Why does he need a new home?

I am thankful she is going to a new home. One where they have the time to work with her and enjoy her. The grandson even said he would watch cartoons with her. She LOVES Pokemon and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If cartoons don't come on she screams at us until they do. Somehow it is only on Saturday and Sunday, but she sure knows when it is Sat!

Thanks for understanding. It really was a hard decision.