A New Sweet Betsy

Hi guys-

Life is so busy here. I do check in daily and pray for you all, always have, always will. You have been my family for so long, I do wish you well!

The last I posted, SB had been beaten by her ex boyfriend. Broken jaw that required surgery. Let's just say that you always roll the dice with MD's, and she didn't roll 7's. I'll keep it short, but what started out as an outpatient surgery, entailed a 4 day ICU stay, with 2 very close brushes with death. The experience changed us all, but it dramatically changed SB. From I don't care if I die, to mommy, I don't want to die, please don't let me die. By the grace of God, she didn't.

Since then, she is a new person. No more booze, no more pills, no more hanging with the druggies and crazies. She has worked with detectives to prosecute the monster who beat her and his bench trial is scheduled for April 19. We will both be there. He has several other felony drug charges pending in another county and the prosecutor assures us he will see at least 2 yrs. I'm hoping for 5.

Betsy had started seeing a very nice guy a year ago. They worked together. He was beside her the entire time she was in the hospital and they have been living together for a few months. He has a 6 yr old daughter who lost her mother 3 yrs. ago, that SB takes care of full time. She is responsible in her role as her caretaker, homemaker, and significant other. She is handling the responsibility amazingly.

She has mended the relationships she had lost, with grace and gratitude. She took accountability for the chaos she had created and put on all of us. She is closer with my dear Carley, than she has been in years. They see each other daily and love each other dearly.

We now have family time again. The three of us saw "The Vow" yesterday, shared popcorn and cried the way we always have at the movies. It was the most wonderful feeling. You could see a soft SB, one that is grateful for all she has.

Time will tell, but I see a new girl. Not the SB as a child, or the teenager and young adult who was so lost. I see a beautiful 23 yr old woman, who has been the world in front of her. A new SB.

I must end by saying that my belief is that every prayer sent up, was answered. In His time, in His way and I will be forever grateful.

Love and Blessings to you all.

Julie

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Julie, your post brought me to tears. I was always afraid that she would let him kill her. What a miraculous update. You have been so strong during these hard times. I would have been tempted to kill him myself.

Kathy813

Staff member
I hate what she had to go through to get there but what a wonderful outcome!!

I'm so happy for you.

~Kathy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What an awesome update!! Also brought a tear to my eyes, wow. I know we've all heard it and rolled our eyes, but sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven...I hope SB sees a new way of living and loves it! I am so happy for your family. I'll friend you on FB!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Julie

I'm wiping my eyes. What a beautiful update. I'm so sorry that it took a brush with death to get Betsy's attention, but at least it did. So wonderful to hear the turn around she has made the the work she has done to improve her life and mend relationships ect. Enjoy every precious moment. It has been a long long hard road to this point.

I'll be praying for her to have strength during the stressful trial and thinking of her and you. I'll send you a friend request on fb too. :)

(((hugs)))

N

Nomad

Julie....one of the most powerful, inspiring, amazing, hopeful posts I have read.
Blessings to you and SB. Prayers for continued growth.

H

HaoZi

Great update, I'm pulling for her and your family. Sent you a friend request on FB.

buddy

that is just beautiful news. Blessings to you and your family. Under much different circumstances, that is around the age I just said time to grow up too.... I have never looked back. I pray the same for her. And deeply hoping this guy gets the max on each and every charge.

Enjoy every moment. You all deserve it.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
My eyes are brimming with tears as well. Thank you so much for this update. I'm so proud of Sweet Betsy, and I don't even know her. She has amazing strength, and so do you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well I knew our girl would come out on the upside of things.....glad she dusted off her wings and finally figured out what on earth she is here for! As far as the basher? I just have no words that I can post here. I can only wish your house continued blessings J~
Hugs & Love
Star

Estherfromjerusalem

What a heartwarming post. I was so happy to read it, although sorry for what brought her to her senses. Thank heavens she is OK now. Prayers that it will continue in this way.

Love, Esther

Tiredof33

I am so happy that all of the h*** your family went through has turned out well! Thanks for posting to let us know there is hope for them (and us).

Blessings to you and yours, thank you so much for the prayers!

busywend

Sweet Betsy! What a change! So glad she survived! What an awful way to learn the life lesson she so needed - glad she did learn from it. On the brink of death should open ones eyes to what they might miss out on.

Enjoy your new life!! I am happy for you all!